Chapter 9

Your Pov:
"Why is everyone bloody afraid of him?" I said. He is not that strong. He is just showing off. And everyone here looks like trembling fishes, out of the water. Oh... I think I said that louder than I wanted, because everyone was staring at me. "Hmmm...our little mermaid thinks she's brave?" he turned to me. I looked at him with my anger ready to blow up. "I don't think it. I'm sure about it" I respond. "Oh! You think that I'm afraid of you?" he said and crossed his arms. "You should be" I said and crossed my arms too. I could hear some boys whispering "Oooo". "Really? Should I?", "Well, I almost burnt you alive this morning. I think you should be more careful" I tried to be as more ironic as I could. He must know about the possibilities he has to stop breathing in the next few seconds. And these are millions. "Hmm...I think that you can't even push me aside without using your little voodoo", "You think so?" I smirked. "Show me princess" he said and showed me with a movement of his hand the circle, that he was fighting in. "One round" he continued. I took a step forward "I'm in!" I said. Murmurs blew up and flowd up the air.

"Slim it Gally" I heard Newt. He pushed me behind him. "Not going to bloody happen". Ok...now I would feel really good, if I could brake his neck. "Wait! You think I can't beat him?", "You don't know him love", "And he doesn't know me either. I'm not a little princess Newt. So let me prove it", "Not gonna happen". "Awww...what a lovely moment. Sweet knight, your little princess isn't going to die...except if she is afraid she will". That was the last offence I could take. I was getting sick! "Newt! Get off my way...NOW! I don't wanna hurt you". He didn't move. "Sorry love" he said without looking back at me. "Never gonna happen" he said again and took a step towards Gally. Before I could react, he pushed Gally back far away from him.

Silence! No one said anything. All the eyes were glued at Newt. Really now...they hadn't seen him doing that before? I think I could have killed Gally if I was three whole bloody years in the Maze with him. Not only pushed him. Agh! And why everyone is listening to him?! Why they don't just face him...he's not the boss or something right? Even if he was, I would just followed his bloody rules or let him to order me. I'm the boss of myself! I'd prefer to hang out with a shark or to pull out one by one the scales from my tail. You know something? I don't give a damn about him. "Your choice" I said as I passed infront of Newt. I stretched my hand towards him. The next moment he was flying and fell on the other boys of the front row. "I said I'm in. One round. Without powers. Equal lap" I turned to Gally. "You can't step back now. Now is just you and me".

Thomas's Pov:
Wow! What the hell was happening? The Greenie - which is a girl - with Gally. A fight? Without powers? She is definitely insane. Although she is looking really sure. She is strong. Somehow...I know she can make it. I know it. "I don't think this will end well..." that was Teresa. She came after hearing all this noise. She grabbed my arm. She was looking worried at Rikki. "She will win" I said. "How do you know?", "Look at her eyes. I believe that this deadly look is really warning..." then she run her fingers through mine. That was when I noticed the new girl staring at me and then I noticed Alby. Looking our hands. I slowly moved my hand away. She looked at me confused. "She'll be okay", "I hope so". I'm not sure what's going on with Teresa. I-it's just-I...can't understand her. Us. We have a strange connection and the others have begin to get suspicious. Gally cut my thoughts and maybe Greenie's too, cause I saw her taking away her eyes from me and look at Gally. She hadn't moved - wierd. "Alright, the rules are simple Greenie. I trapped the side of the circle...try to last one to five seconds" and everyone started laughing ofcourse. What all this reminds me of...well, it's better to watch...although Rikki didn't seem to bother. She was standing in the same position, at the same place, with the same bloody, deadly look in her eyes. Gally was at the opposite side of the circle, facing her. It's going to be a derby. "Ready?" Gally asked. She folded her arms. "Always" she answered with straight voice. She already knows what she has to do. She's sure about her every movement. Gally looked at her and clenched his fists. Then he started running towards her with his whole power. He was going to hit her. At the last moment she took a step aside. So Gally hit another boy and fell to the crowd. "Wow" I whispered. The boys pushed him back into the circle. He lost his balance and fell to the ground. Everyone started to whistle and yelling and clap. They were really enjoying it. About her...I can't really tell. She wasn't smiling. She walked slowly away from him. "I don't think anger really helps, huh?" she said. She was trying to piss Gally off? If yes then she did it. Gally was red and ready to explode. He clenched his fists again and started running towards her with a shout. He was going for her waist.  Although, before he touched her, she moved her leg diagonally and pushed with her other. As Gally passed almost attached with her and fell to the ground. She was amazing. The crowd almost exploded with the shouts, whispers and claps. "Not bad for the little, new mermaid princess huh?" she said. Oh no... The same situation as mine. Before I could understand what was going on, Gally kicked her legs with his. He stood up when she fell with her back to the ground. "Ohhh" you could hear from everywhere. Gally was laughing but his smile fainted a little when he saw her looking at him. She was still on the ground on her elbows but didn't seem to be in pain. That's wierd. Gally walked towards her, as she dragged her body backwards. "You thought you were gonna win?" Gally said. He then leaned on top of her. "You wanna call it an end sweetheart?" he gave her his hand. Another win for Gally. As usual. She took his hand. Gally lifted her up, putting a hand around her waist, as he pulled her closer to his body. What was he doing? He whispered something in her ear. Then I saw her hands moving around his neck. Everyone looked at them in sock. What were they doing? Suddenly out of nowhere, Rikki pulled Gally closer to her and with her knee kicked him between her legs. "Oh shit!" I whispered. That must've hurt. Like a lot. He fell on the ground from the pain. She kneeled next to Gally, who was making pain moanings and she shrugged. "Oops" she leaned over Gally. "Wow. I think I actually won. And...you lost for your first time...from a girl! Don't worry! For everything there is a first time". Everyone was watching in sock. Jaws dropped. Gally had never lost. But now...he lost...from a...girl...wow! She started walking away but then Gally stood up and run towards her. When he was behind her, he was about to hit her with his fist but she turned around and with her hand blocked his. "That! Would be a big mistake" then she lowered her hand with Gally's under, looking straight into his eyes as Gally shouted from pain and leaned lower and lower to the left until he fell down. Rikki took a step forward. "No one messes with mermaids" she looked down at him and then me. Me? Why? Then she turned to leave. The crowd made a path and let her make her way through.

She looked at me. ME! I can't just let her leave. I have to talk to her. I have to follow her. I need her. I don't even know why. I left as fast as I could, so no one and especially Teresa could ask or follow me. As I got out of the crowd and walked towards the woods, a hand dragged me back. "I got this" I turned and saw Newt. "No Newt, I need to talk to her", "About what?" he raised an eyebrow. "About..." I didn't have any idea. "I just want to meet her", "Trust me Tommy, it's not the right time for hanging out. Just go back to the other shanks and help them or go to sleep. This bloody bonfire is over" he turned to leave but I grabbed his arm. "Just let me come with you", "Tommy...", "Just...let me!". I wanted so bad to talk to her. I didn't even know why. "Fine. Come" he nodded me to follow him.