Chapter 18

Your Pov:
I felt weird. Proud of myself but in the meantime... I know now what were they talking about.

I noticed Newt coming out of that hut. He looked furious. Oh shit! What am I supposed to hear now? For my surprise he didn't come to my way. He didn't even look at me. I got my attention back to the water I was carrying. Hey! First of all, I don't think it would be wise of me if I split it on me and a tail appears in the middle of the Glade and second of all, I'm not addicted to him. Then I lost sight of him.

A shadow from behind made me twist, splitting eventually all the water. Holly klunk! I raised my gaze slowly just to meet a pair of eyes. I realised what I had just done. "Omg Gally, I'm sorry" I let the bucket fall from my hands. He was looking surprised at me. He sighed at the sight of the wet clothes. "Do you want me to...drain you?". He looked at me with wide eyes. "Hell no! I want to keep living thanks!", "Look, if you're here for-", "Don't continue sweetheart! I just came to tell you the final decision..." he sighed and looked at the ground. Then back at me. What was GALLY going to tell ME? "I don't trust you! Those shanks although do trust you! You want to change my opinion? Save Ben!" those words wcoung in my mind. HE wanted me to save Ben? What did they so to him? I didn't speak for a moment. Not quite sure why. "I'm not doing it because I need your trust. Or anyones trust. I know what I'm worthy. I just can't let him suffer. Maybe I don't know him at all but I'm sure he doesn't deserve to be in this situation. None of you do". He looked worried. "During lunch, med-jacks hut. Don't let anyone find out". I smiled. "I'm a professional at keeping secrets... I'll be there" I started walking but he stopped me, grabbing my arm. "I don't want him to feel any pain sweetheart". I could see his own pain in his eyes. He really cares after all. "He's already in pain Gally" I couldn't promise anything. I walked away, leaving him with his worries. I didn't have a choice. I didn't even know what I was supposed to do with Ben...   

                    ⁻ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ˢᵏⁱᵖ: ᵃᵗ ˡᵘⁿᶜʰ⁻

Eveyone was in the raw waiting for their plate. I walked at my hut and stopped infront of the door. I took a quick glance around the Glade. Everyone was too busy talking and eating. I walked fast and hid behind the hut. That was my chance. I looked around. None was there. I started walking towards the med-jack's hut. I tried to keep a low profile. I was walking slowly, so if anyone noticed me at least they won't understand that I was in a flurry.

When I got inside, I saw Alby and Newt in a corner talking quietly,  on one of the beds was laying Ben...crying in pain. Jeff and Minho were taking care of him. "Good, you're here" I heard a voice coming from behind. Before I turn around, Gally walked beside me. Eveyone turned their gazes at me. Newt passed Alby and walked towards me. A few steps before he reaches me, I ordered my legs to take me, to the bed where Ben was laying on. They obeyed. Newt looked at me in confusion. It wasn't the time for loving words now... "Who else knows?" I asked, as I stopped over Ben's bed.

They had tied him up. Ropes were holding his hands and feet from the legs of the table. He was crying and moaning, making wierd sounds. His shirt was ripped out and purple with black veins were popping out of his whole body. He was pale. I felt so sorry for him.

"Only the keepers" Minho answered. "Love do you-", "Close the door!" I cut Newt. He stared at me for a moment but then he did what he was told. The others made a circle around Ben. "What are you going to do?" that was Jeff. "Drain his blood". His eyes popped out. "You mean kill him?". Everyone was looking at me ready to explode millions of questions. "You see these veins?" I pointed at the black ones. "I believe the infections has to do something with the blood. If I take away the infected blood, maybe I can stop the infection" I looked at each one of them. They seemed really...like REALLY worried. I couldn't blame them. Although I didn't wait for an answer. I positioned my hands with metals open a few centimetres over Ben's body. Before I could do anything, Ben opened his full of pain eyes and looked at me. "Please don't hurt me, I'm begging you" he started crying again. Those words made me feel a huge knot in my throat. For a moment, I felt my throat closing and the oxygen couldn't reach my lungs. Carp! I closed my eyes shut. Memories flood up my mind... I felt my eyes burning. No, no, no, no! Come on Rikki! STAY STRONG! Do it for them! They used to remind you about how strong you are...even if you're a bloody coward...DO IT FOR THEM!!!! I opened my eyes, stretched my palms and gave my best. I started feeling his blood...omg...it was...disgusting! I heard Ben crying a little louder than before. Oh my God Ben... I'm really sorry... I had to keep going. I had to save him! I started closing my palms very slowly and carefully. Ben made little sounds of pain. I kept going. I could understand how much the pain was. He started to move his body a little. "Keep him down" I ordered the others. They were being surprising quiet all this bloody time. "Wait...what?" that was...shit...I couldn't understand... "Just bloody do it!" I almost yelled. Jeff and Minho grabbed his legs, while Newt and Gally grabbed his arms. I closed my palms more...his blood ready to boil...it happened...Ben with a scream and all his force made his body jump from the pain and almost released himself. He would if weren't the boys to held him. "Oh shit!" someone. I had my eyes closed all this time. I just couldn't see him like that. "Guys! Look! His hands! The veins are gone!" someone else. Wait...what? I opened my eyes. It was true! His arms were clean! It worked!... "Love, you did it! Keep it up! You can heal him!" that was definitely Newt. He was right! I could do this! My hopes were restored! The boys were trying to calm Ben. My fists now were almost closed full. The guy was literally screaming in pain. But he was healing. I could save him! Come on Ben. Just a little more...

Suddenly, I felt something coming out from my nose. I touched that chill liquid. I looked at my fingers. It was red...BLOOD?! "Love? Are you ok?". I wiped it fast. Something was wrong, but I had to keep going, I had to save him. "I'm fine". Newt was looking at me. "It was blood Rikki. I saw it! That's not good. You already know it! You have water inside you veins not blood!" Newt again. "I told you I'm okay! It's nothing". It couldn't last for long. I felt the blood running down my nose again. I wiped it away. I have to save him, was all I could think about. "It's killing you Rikki!!!" Newt yelled. "Stop it. Now!" he ordered me, but as he loosened his grip, Ben screamed and cut off the rope. He grabbed Gally from his shirt, like a wild animal do with his food. I jumped from fear. Well...most of surprise and took some steps back. He let out some echoing mad sounds, as Newt tried to free Gally. The situation was messed up! I used my powers and with a curt movement of my hand I pinned Ben on the bed. Newt grabbed his hand again and Gally was free from his grip. I could hear murmurs coming from everywhere...my head was buzzing and suddenly the whole room was spinning. I closed my eyes, facing the absolute darkness. I tried to concentrate to my breathing but there was no oxygen. I had stop breathing.