Chapter 20

⁻ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ˢᵏⁱᵖ: ⁿᵉˣᵗ ᵐᵒʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ ⁻

I woke up feeling a hot breath and strong arms cuddling me. What...? Then it all came... OMG! Last night...did I really... Shit... I opened my eyes. I was still in Newt's arms. "Goodmorning love" a sweet voice. Yeah...that accent...I missed that "Goodmorning love" and "Goodnight love". Although I was a little surprised. "Morning" my fingers run over his chest. "When did you wake up?" I hugged him tightly and closed my eyes. I was still sleepy. "Five minutes or so" he played with my hair. "And what were you doing all this time?", "Admiring" he said. I raised half of my body up, facing him and covering with the blanket my chest. "Tell me that you weren't staring at me all that bloody time". He smiled as he moved his hands around my waist...and lower... "I did it and I don't regret it for a bloody second". I rolled my eyes. "You're creeping me out" then I layed next to him, turning at him my back, as I closed my eyes. Soon enough he hugged me from behind. "Come on sleepyhead. We have to go and grab breakfast" he let a soft kiss on my head. "Yeah you do that. I need to sleep", "And I need this!". Suddenly he turned me around and his lips touched mine. A pationate, hot kiss woke me up...finally...

He pulled away and stood up, searching for his clothes. I was staring at the ceiling. I didn't bloody know what had stuck in my head. "Here" a sweet voice brought me back to reality. I looked at Newt. He was  wearing his pants but not his shirt. Instead he was holding it, pointing it my way. "Take it" he smiled. I looked at him confused. "They won't understand a think...trust me", "How-". The way he was looking at me made me stop. I took it. He started picking up the rest of the clothes, while I stood up and got dressed. "You can get some rest here. I'll bring you breakfast if-" he stopped out of blue. I raised my gaze just to see a socked Newt, staring at me with a surprised look. "... you want...", he finished his frace with a whisper. I giggled. "I thought..." he started. "I...it was your first time...like...mine...I guess...I wasn't...?". I went close to him and kissed him on the cheek. "You were amazing Newt. My legs hurt a little but I can manage pain. Remember? The fishy thing?". He shook his head with an odd look. "Yeah, right" he stopped for a second. "About that... I still haven't see your tail love...". I frowned. "So what? You slept with me only to make me show you my tail?", "What? Of course not Rikki, you know that-", "Then everything in it's time. Are you going to go out like this?" I pointed at his half naked body. "It's a hot day. Most of the other suckfaces will go around shirtless... and besides, I prefere that shirt on you. It makes you hotter...and cuter... it's loose on you". Well, that wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. I hate it when others call me cute... "Why? Are you afraid you won't be able to take your eyes of me or it's just jealousy?" he moved his hands around my waist and stared in my eyes with a silly smile. "And threat" I answered. "Especially from Thomas. You two spend a lot of time together... and Gally... I heard rumors that something has happened between you two... Oh! And don't forget that bunch of invisible girls out there...you know... I happen to believe in ghosts" I rolled my eyes. "I was referring to Teresa babe", "Who has eyes only for Thomas. Now..." I poked my finger against his chest and he took some steps backwards. "...you go out and I follow in a few minutes". I literally drugged him out. "Okay but-" I cut him as I closed the door behind him. I touched my back against the door and slowly I slipped down, in a sitting position, looking at the floor. That word ecoing in my head. "Babe" I whispered. Oh come on! I shook my head. Come to your senses Rikki!!!!!!

Then all the doubts found their way to the surface. Was it right? I wanted this or was just a pleasant break from my bloody nightmares? What about Ben? He... Could I still save him? He was unconscious and I... "Don't be that harsh on yourself! Everyone makes mistakes!", "And you always find a way to correct them! And we'll be here to help you! We'll always be here to help you Rikki! No matter what!", "Yeah! Remember our promise? Our secret, our responsibility. Whatever happens we're in this together...", "...where our hearts beat together...", "...friends today tomorrow and forever..." I said out loud. Their words...no picture, just words...so strong...they made my eyes burn and my vision became a blur. "I'm sorry" I whispered. A tear run down my cheek but I wiped it away rapidly. I took a deep breath. Newt's smell flooded my lungs, calming me down. I hugged my knees and burried my head in my arms. No...it wasn't wrong...