Chapter 16

"It hurts really bad. Every...time...I use...THEIR powers...I feel all the pain I made then feel...and it's the...worst...feeling...These powers don't belong to me. My power is heating...controlling the water...freezing it...are theirs...and...very time I...use them...I feel all...that...pain...they felt...not only when...I...murdered them...but also...the feelings...that I hurt them...I betrayed them. And now I know how they felt...that's my...punishment. I deserve it...oh my God..." I started crying again. "It hurts...please...make it stop...it hurts..." tears rolling down my cheeks. It hurt...I couldn't think of anything else, just the pain. Then I felt someone pushing me into their arms. It was Newt. All this time, he was just staying quiet. Not saying a thing. Just listening all that bloody crap. And now he's pulling me into his arms, again without saying anything. Why in the world would he do that? I'm a bloody murderer. I kept crying in his chest. Then I heard Thomas and Minho walking away. Ofcourse they did. Why would they stay? And then we were the two of us.

Newt's Pov:
A minute or so passed from when Tommy and Minho left. They wanted to leave us alone for a while. To make things clear. Then they would return. Rikki had stop crying. I was just holding her in my arms tightly. Her head rested on my chest. I buried my head in her messy hair. I didn't want this to end. I didn't dare to say anything. I didn't want her to be sad. Not because of me. She had been through enough crap. A murmure interrupted my thoughts. I leaned over her, "What did you say love?". She got up slowly, in a sitting position, freeing herself from my arms. Come on! That's why I didn't want to say a bloody thing! Although it couldn't last forever right? Her eyes were still wet. She took a deep breath. "Why are you still here?". She looked me deep in my eyes. I stuck. I didn't know what to answer. I didn't want to say anything dumb and hurt her but I also wanted her to know exactly the way I feel for her. "Rikki...I don't care if you were a bloody murderer. That was a lot time ago. I know that you've change. I know that you don't want that. I've told you a million times, how much I believe in you...in the girl that I know...and that girl...is not a murderer". As I finished, I saw a tear rolling down her cheek. I wiped it away. I wanted her to know everything. Now it was time. I leaned forward, holding her with my hand. She did the same. It was time. Finally I could taste those sweet, red lips. We came closer and closer. She glanced quick in my eyes, then at my lips, as I did. I could feel her breath, my lips inches away from hers and then- "Newt..." I heard her. She pulled back and pulled my hand away from her face. "...I...can't". No...she didn't. Not again. Why is she bloody doing that every shucking time? Why? I tried E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Come on! Again? Seriously? Disappointment and range started flooding me. " No. Ofcourse you can't" I pulled myself back and rested my back on the trunk of the tree and my hands on my knees. "No, Newt...you...can't understand-". I cute her off, my anger ready to explode. "No Rikki, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I've tried everything. I did everything I could to show you that there're people who actually care about you. I...care about you. I made a promise to myself. Never stop trying, because I have faith and YOU taught me that. I have faith that someday maybe you notice how much I like you Rikki, but seriously I don't bloody know what's happening inside your head. You keep playing with me and I'm sick of it, so when you finally end up to decide what to do, just come-" my yelling was cut off from her and before I could understand what was happening, I felt her lips kissing mine. An explosion of emotions rushed through me. Then I felt her hands around my neck. I moved mine around her waist. Oh my God. She finally did it. She finally kissed me. YES! She kissed ME! I finally tasted those red lips and I didn't want it to end. But then she pulled back. "If you think this is a game, then you won it" she said looking me straight in the eye.

Your Pov:
Oh my God...I did? Did I just...Oh crap! WHY DID I DO THAT? No. No. No. No. Now how am I supposed to look at him in the eyes again. Shit! I wanted to turn into bubbles and disappear. Oh God...I don't even know if I wanted this. If I liked it! Arg!!!