Chapter 19

⁻ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ˢᵏⁱᵖ: ᵗʰᵉ ⁿᵉˣᵗ ᵐᵒʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ⁻

I felt dizzy. My head was still buzzing. I couldn't open my eyes... I couldn't feel my body...my breathing was heavy. I gave a HUGE effort to open my eyes. I felt a burst of pain coming through my spine, every little move making it unbearable. I couldn't understand or sence much. Through a haze I could notice a wooden ceiling. I tried to take a deep breath, but as I did the oxygen sucked out of my lungs. A rush of bloody pain made me freeze. Omg...

"Love? Oh my God! You're finally awake! Thank God, you're alive!" he pulled me tighter in his arms. Oh holly klunk! I wanted to scream! The bloody pain came back. I felt every inches of my body breaking in peicies with the most cruel way. I pursed my lips. I wanted to scream out my lungs but my throat felt like a dessert. "Newt..." My voice came out with a hoarse whisper. I felt like I was ready to pass out. "...you're..." my voice was trembling and I couldn't even feel him hugging me. I was already in his arms, before I come back. Although I couldn't feel even his cuddling. "...hurting...me". I closed my eyes again, recruiting all the strength that has left and gave my best not to faint. "Bloody Hell! I'm so sorry love!" he loosen his arms. "How do you feel?" he looked at me. "Shit! You sure need water". Then I felt the taste of glass in my lips. It came next. A sweet, chill, cool liquid. I felt all my muscles calming down. My body welcomed that sweet taste with pleasure. I could feel now Newt's arms around me. I managed to open my eyes, as I left the glass empty. "You need more...here" Newt gave me another one but I refused. "Thanks, I'm okay", "Yeah, you surely are. Drink it now!" he made me drink another one. "Alright, that's enough... Newt stop!" I almost yelled at him as I pushed the glass away, which somehow ended up crashing to the adjacent wall with a loud crash. I jumped at the sound of glass shuttering. A burst of pain made me scream and fall in Newt's arms, hitting my head on his chest. What just bloody happened? "Woah! Woah! Woah! Take it easy love...calm down". I closed my eyes. "I'm sorry". He kissed my head and held me tighter in his arms. Thankfully, it didn't hurt that much, but I didn't want to ruin the moment. "Hey...it's alright...just relax. I'm here..." he took my hand and before he place it in his chest, he left a soft kiss on it. My heart was ready to explode. Not from the pain...but...I felt nervous...wierd...what is happening to me? Newt must saw the wonder in my face. "Are you okay? How do you feel?". I didn't know what I was supposed to answer. Terrible, because I can't move a bloody muscle or tell him about those bloody butterflies in my stomach? Then I remembered. Bloody Hell! I'm that slinthead huh? "How's Ben?". Silent followed. He didn't answer. Oh crap... Why he didn't answer?! All the craziest scenarios started running through my mind and eventually one won. "Did I kill him?" a whisper. "Bloody Hell! Ofcourse not love! Don't be that bugging hurse to yourself..." he stopped for a second. "You almost cured him Rikki...but it killed you in the process". Those words were like a bell ringing on my head. "I have to try again" I tried to stood up but Newt held me down. "Don't even bugging think about that!", "But-", "You died Rikki! YOU DIED!" he cut me. "It wasn't the first time and it's not going to be the last one Newt", "It affects you in a different way Rikki! Do you know for how long you were unconscious? Two whole bugging days. Ben hasn't still manage to wake up. It looks like he's sleeping, but I bet it's a lot more serious. Also, look at you Rikki! You can't move a muscle and your powers...aren't...normal!", "I can try again. Maybe there's still a chance to save him Newt...", "You mean, there's still a chance to bloody die? You know that love and you still want to give your life? No way that's going to happen!". I didn't have the energy to think to ensist. Everything was a thick haze. "Now relax, there's someone waiting to see you" he placed my head on his pillow. The pain came back, made me want to scream. Newt stood up and went to the door.

As he opened it a bright light came in, together with a sweet, cute voice, I hadn't hear for days.

Chuck's Pov:
Newt opened the door behind me. I was sitting on the cool grass, waiting. I was worried about Rikki. She's kind of like...a sister that I never had...or I'll never meet anyway. She just understands me with her own way. "Is she awake?" I looked at Newt. He nodded with a smile and that was when I jumped and run in the hut. I saw her laying in her bed. She looked at me with a smile. "Rikki!" I run towards her. Before I reach the bed, she stopped me with a movement of her hand. "Sorry Chuck. I'm really...in pain...everytime I move a muscle...it feels like a shark bite..." and the pain was obvious on her face. I drugged a chair and sat beside her. She smiled. "How's my little smelt?". She always calls me like this. Well...it's not the best nickname but I don't complain. "Very worried. I was right eventually. Girls are awesome! Do you know that you almost saved Ben!? That was...MERMAZING!" I winked. We both laughed. "Hey Chuck..." the smile faint from her face. "How do you know?", "Alby made a gathering...", "And?", "He just told us the whole story. That's all" I shrugged. She looked at me with an inquisitive look. "Alright! Some of them were impressed from your attempt...some others...they think you killed him and that's not true...they know it but they are stubborn! Even Gally defended you". With the last sentence her eyes transformed into two big plates. "It's true. Everyone was socked. Seriously what's going on between you too?". She stared at the ceiling. "I don't know Chuck... I believe he's just confused and he just wants to blame someone...you know...like the underrated characters in the books...but in this case...he just drowns himself. If you can understand what I mean", "Well...kind of. Gally was always...a slinthead anyway. Especially since Thomas arrived. He thinks everything's his fault. Also his friendship with Newt... I don't know...it's wierd...they were close...but...now they're just pissing each other off", "What do you think about Thomas? I think you are the one he likes the most around here", "He's like my brother Rikki. Like you-", "I'm like your brother?" she cut me with a grin. "No..." I giggled. "You're like my sis". We both laughed. "Anyway, in contrast with the other shanks, Thomas treats me...I don't know...like...a human? Well...not that the others treat me like an animal...but being the youngest here doesn't help at all!", "Don't worry Chuck. Now that I'm here, no-one will treat you like that again. I promise!" she smiled. "Thanks Rikki...thanks for being here","Thanks for your warm heart little smelt...you're the one that keeps everyone with a smile here...trust me..." she took my hand. We smiled at each other. Rikki is the best sister ever! That's for sure! I wonder of I have a sis out there how would she be...definitely not like this one...