Training

King's POV

King couldn't stop himself from smiling like an idiot as he made his way back to the hotel. *Ryuga actually agreed to go out with me...* He shook his head. *No, it wasn't a date! We were just two friends hanging out, getting food together.* King's blushy face and finger twirling his hair around seemed to disagree with him. He let out a sigh. It was getting harder and harder to deny what he felt for Ryuga, especially now that he had finally seen him in person again. He had such a presence to him. A confident, almost overwhelming presence that couldn't be captured over a phone call. Secondary to that, Ryuga was just handsome. Surely that was an objective fact though, right?

...RIGHT?!

King pushed the door of the hotel room open. Masamune, Toby, and Zeo were sitting on the ground playing a game of "Sorry."

"Hey, guys!" King greeted, closing the door behind him. The three friends exchanged glances, suddenly giggling.

"Hey King," Zeo replied, smirking a bit.

King froze. *Why are they-"

"So, how was your date?" Masamune asked, leaning forward.

"What?!" King nearly tripped. He cleared his throat, praying he wasn't blushing as hard as he thought he was. "What are you talking about?"

"We walked by that sushi place you and Ryuga were at," Toby replied. He didn't sound as mischievous as Zeo and Masamune but he was smirking just as much.

"We were just hanging out!" King exclaimed, bristling with anger.

Masamune giggled, "You were touching his hand."

King froze. *Of all the things they could've seen, they saw THAT?!*

"It's not like that!" he insisted, looking away in shame.

"Come on." Masamune stood up, resting his hands on King's shoulders as he spoke. "We know you've been into him ever since we first played Among Us with him. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

*Longer than that,* King added to himself. He'd thought Ryuga seemed interesting even back on Beyster Island.

"What's it matter?!" King snapped, pushing Masamune away. "He doesn't like me back!"

"Pft. How do you know?" Zeo cut in, raising an eyebrow. "That guy's such a nutcase, nobody knows how he really feels."

"Besides maybe Kenta," Toby added with a shrug.

"Yeah, Ryuga could like you back," Masamune insisted, "But you gotta tell him to know."

"I don't wanna," King sighed, sitting down on the bed. "We're barely even friends, I don't wanna ruin that."

"Yeah..." Masamune sat next to him, nodding. "Yeah, you're right. You should spend some more time with him before you tell him. You know, seduce him with your charm." He nudged King's shoulder.

"W-wha...?" King stared at Masamune in confusion. "You know we're talking about Ryuga, right?"

Nearby, Zeo and Toby giggled to themselves.

"Yeah?" Masamune replied. "I'm sure there's a way."

"Just keep flirting with him like you were in your battle," Zeo suggested, looking back at his game to move one of his pieces.

"That just annoyed him..." *Or confused him,* King added to himself, remembering how Ryuga had reacted to King's rainbow jokes. *How did he not get that?! Is he in the closet or does he really not swing my way?*