Hanging Out

King's POV

King awoke that morning to a loud beep from his phone. He shot up with a yelp. His heart was palpitating from the shock and for a few seconds, he just sat there, unable to think. Then he turned to his phone and picked it up. One new text. A burst of energy hit King when he saw who it was from.

-Ryuga: I'm at the stadium. Where are you?-

King swiftly typed a response.

-King: Sorry! I just woke up, I'm on my way there right now!-

Across the room, Masamune sat up in his own bed with a grunt. "What was that?" he mumbled, letting out a yawn.

"A text from Ryuga," King answered. He looked at the time: 8:01am. "Didn't know he was such an early bird."

"Great," Masamune stumbled out of bed, practically shoving his hairbrush into his hair. "That's gonna make your marriage so fun." He grinned a little despite his tiredness.

King glared at him. "Shut up, he and I aren't even dating."

"Yet," Masamune giggled into his hand.

King rolled his eyes. *I might like him but it's not guaranteed he likes me back!*

"Anyways, I'm gonna go train with him," King replied, grabbing his launcher and bey and walking toward the door.

"Oh yeah!" Masamune giggled harder. "Have fun with that!"

"I will," King replied, pushing the door open.

It shut behind him as he slipped out into the hall. In the room beside his and Masamune's, Zeo and Toby were probably both still fast asleep. King made his way down the stairs and out of the hotel. The sun shone in his face, and he was forced to squint to see in the bright light. King let out a yawn. *It's too early for this...*

Once he made it to the bey coliseum, he spotted Ryuga leaning on one of the walls outside.

"Sorry I'm late," King greeted, waving. Out of nowhere, he let out another yawn.

Ryuga raised an eyebrow. "I didn't think it was that early..."

"Heh, I guess I'm more of a night owl," King admitted, looking away and resting his hand on the back of his neck. "Well, uh, let's get to it!" He tried to walk into the stadium, yelping when he walked straight into a wall. "OW!" King stepped back, rubbing his forehead.

Ryuga let out an exasperated sigh. He grabbed King's hand, suddenly yanking him forward. King yelped. Without thinking, he followed Ryuga toward the stadium. Ryuga let go of his hand.

"So, uh, how do we do this?" King asked, gazing up at him tiredly.

Ryuga was silent for so long that King didn't think he was going to reply. Then he suddenly sighed, "I have no idea."

King chuckled. "Yeah, me neither..." He thought back to the battle yesterday, trying to remember how Gingka and Kenta had fought. "Maybe we should have some kind of formation like they did. That was pretty effective."

"So we should copy Gingka and Kenta?" Ryuga grunted, raising an eyebrow.

"We can do something like that with our own beys. I-I don't know..." King let out a yawn. "I'm really trying."

Ryuga rolled his eyes. "You need to wake up first."

"Yeah..." King smiled. "You got any coffee?"

Ryuga's face scrunched up in distaste. "You actually drink that gross stuff?"

"No," King replied, smiling. "Just a joke... I really didn't get breakfast though. Probably should've thought about that..."