32 Everything

Carrie

After I got off the phone with my gushing parents, I quickly dialed my friends. After a quick talk with Anna while I knew her pups would be in school, I dialed Samantha, because she would be pissy if Anna knew I'd found my mate a long time before she did.

I didn't give her a chance to get going on whatever was currently happening in Greenwoods. "I found my mate," I said, skipping any prelude.

She gasped. "You what!? You found him? Tell me everything."

"Like what?"

"Like everything. You owe me every detail. I've been waiting for this forever."

I sighed. "I'll tell you, but you can't tell anyone. I know it's spiteful, but I don't want Asshole Dane to think he didn't completely fuck me over. Just because things worked out doesn't make how he treated me okay."

She chortled at my oh-so-clever nickname for the asshole alpha. "I promise."

"So, I went for a run last full moon, same wild place I always go, and then I'm captured by some rogue wolves and they claim I'm trespassing. So I'm dragged to the alpha, but turns out he's my mate. I'm obviously nervous, but he's so hot I almost think it's worth taking a chance on him. Then, Jason takes one look at me and says he doesn't need a mate."

"He did what!?" she asked, her voice full of outrage.

"Exactly! I was so upset with him. So, I said we should just reject each other, and in response I ended up confined in his trailer."

"Trailer?"

"Yeah, brand new pack. We're building it. Nothing fancy yet. Only a few buildings, trailers, some members still sleep in tents. The pack house is just a frame right now, I don't really know when it'll be done, that's his department. Something about waiting for back ordered supplies, he says?"

"Okay. You're building a pack, obviously something changed. So, what happened?"

"So, I do everything I can to make his life a living hell, and he finally lets me go. I went back to live amongst the humans for a week. My wolf is miserable, I'm almost ready to give in, and then he turns up on my doorstep. We talk, he finally tells me his name—he refused before that—I tried to reject him—"

"Why on earth would you try to reject your mate after he chased you down, you crazy girl? You were waiting for him for so long." She groaned.

"Hey, I thought he was going to reject me, and I wanted to beat him to it."

"Ugh. You're your own worst enemy, I swear. You get something in your head, and there's no changing it."

"Anyway," I said, drawing out the word dramatically to catch her attention before she could really pick up steam on her Carrie-is-too-single-minded rant, "he stopped me, convinced me to give him a chance, and we started making out in my kitchen. He says he wants to mark me, I agreed, and I marked him, too. He carried me off to the bedroom, and everything progressed naturally from there. I went back to his pack with him that night. I finished working, got rid of my apartment, and now I'm the pack's luna, or at least I will be formally on the full moon."

"Wow. I'm so excited for you! What's the name of the pack?"

"Hasn't been given one yet. For now it's just got a registration number through the assembly. It's still pretty small. Twenty-nine members once I've officially joined, and three potentials. They've been mostly focusing on survival rather than formalities, but I'm working towards getting the pack taken seriously next."

Samantha laughed. "Sounds like you landed in the perfect place for you, girl. I'm going to have to come and visit you."

"Well, give me a bit to settle in, then yeah."