41 Naughty

Carrie

The night of the full moon dawned cloudy, and it did not clear up in the slightest as the day progressed. My wolf spent the day clawing at my mind, wanting to be let out, and everyone else was just as on edge as I was. Still, we had a nice distraction planned for the afternoon.

We gathered everyone in the pack who was available, and Jason stood at the front. "Alright. It's time to name this thing. No more debating, and we're all going to deal with whatever happens. Following Carrie's proposed system, we vote, and knock out any suggestion that doesn't get at least two votes, then take a second vote. Any complaints about that? Because we don't want to hear them later."

No one did. If anything, they were excited to have some say in such a momentous decision.

My favourite option was a clear leader in the first vote, but I didn't let myself get too excited. I wasn't worried, since all the remaining options were better than TBD. Bloodrogue also got knocked out, I was not disappointed to note.

"I'm just glad that one with my name in it is out," Jason said. "Krystal suggested it to mess with me. I know it."

Privately, I thought he was right. She had advocated hard for it, and tried to get a vote for Rosella to sway the vote, when she couldn't convince her mate to go along with her plan. A true rogue, that one. She disliked agreeing, just for the sake of disagreeability. I quite liked her.

Jason spoke again, as ridiculously hot as ever. "That leaves us four remaining options. Moonhaven, Glenshadow, Newhaven, and Wildlupus. This round, is out of the final four. If there's a tie, we'll go another round, if not, this decides the pack name."

It didn't take long for everyone to vote, and for Jason to tally it. He wouldn't let me look ahead of time, blocking me with his shoulder, with a smirk. I pouted and gave up.

"All right. We've got a clear winner," Jason announced.

Everyone waited in expectation. Jason said nothing.

Krystal growled. "Just spit it out, Alpha! If this is revenge for Bronsonclaw..."

Jason narrowed his eyes at her jokingly. "This is revenge for a lot of things. But, my mate will kill me if I drag it out longer."

I rolled my eyes. A chuckle ran through the crowd.

"Welcome to Glenshadow."

—————

We inducted Theodora, West, and Nash into the pack that night, the first new members under the new name. I felt fully confident in our decision to allow Theodora and West in, but Nash still made me feel slightly uneasy. He seemed to have relaxed a bit, and was willing in his surly, jittery way to work as hard as anyone else, so there hadn't been a good reason not to allow him along with his brother and mate-sister.

Once our hands had bled together, the links to three more presences established themselves in my mind, along with the wisp of a fourth, I assumed the young one Theodora carried inside her. Being so directly in the centre of the ceremony was a strange new experience for me, because as acting luna I had never taken part beside Asshole Dane, instead just like any other pack member would have in the assembled audience.

But now, I was like the mother to this pack. We were family, and it was Jason's and my job to care for them.

My mind slipped back to the pregnancy test in our room. I hadn't noticed any unpleasant symptoms, but I had been extremely hungry the past couple of days. Was it related to our heat activities, or just me being oversensitive to any changes?

Although I was nervous about the idea of being a mother and all it entailed, I was also excited and so was my wolf. But for now, she was mostly just happy to transform so that she could run wild through the forest. I shifted, and I dashed towards the trees, my mate hot on my tail.