35 Visitors

Carrie

Another busy day in the pack had passed, buried in paperwork relating to our hearing at the Alpha Assembly. Jason was utterly sick of dealing with it, and while I seemed to have a bit more patience, I wasn't far behind him. The whole thing was just nitpicking, when I had actual important work I could have been doing instead.

Still, the consolation of my long day was the hour when I finally went back to bed with Jason. As always, he pleased me like I had never even imagined was possible, and afterwards pulled me close to him. My heart ached sweetly, and made me want to profess dangerous sentiments that I didn't know how I could already feel. I'd barely known him more than a month, and already I felt like I couldn't manage without him. I knew that it was the bond, but was it only the bond? Did it even matter if it was or not?

I turned my head to look at him. I didn't think I'd ever get tired of that perfect face, of looking at it, of kissing it.

He raised an eyebrow to go along with his smirk. "What are you thinking about, babe?"

I wasn't going to inflate his ego more by telling him how attractive he was, so instead I said, "Theodora."

"You're staring at me and thinking about Theodora?" That smirk did not fade, if anything it grew wider.

"I was staring into space, and you just happened to be in the way."

"Okay, fine, let's pretend I believe you. So what about Theodora? I'm guessing whatever it was you needed West for this morning."

I nodded. "Yes, she's pregnant."

"Oh, good for them."

"Yes. But, she's worried about Bluegorge."

"Pretty common theme around here lately. We had two near misses on the job site, probably from their minds being elsewhere." Jason frowned. "I don't know what the hell his problem with us is."

"Alpha King's a small-minded bigot, I think." I shook my head. "And it's personal for Theodora, plus she's worried. Maybe we should hold off on talking about pups until things are settled."

"Do you want to wait?" he asked.

"Why's it only matter what I want?"

"I said I'd follow your lead on this one, since you're the one who has to do all the work to produce them. I'm happy either way. Either I get more time with you alone, or I get kids. Both are good."

I pecked him on the cheek.

"You're really bad at following directions, Carrie. Proper kisses, remember?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's not like that took the place of one of your so-called proper kisses, it's technically a bonus, so I don't know why you're complaining."

He  just chuckled and ran his mouth down over my mark. I shivered and that familiar heat began to build again.

"I can't help that I'm insatiable. It's not really my fault, though. This didn't happen until I met you. I was completely serious before."

I smiled and raised my eyebrows incredulously. "Completely serious?"

"Well, serious about work and pack. I've always been this hilarious."

"And modest too, I imagine."

"Modesty's a waste of effort when I'm just stating facts."

I giggled and snuggled closer to him, giving him another unsatisfactory kiss, because it was amusing to see his reaction when I didn't comply. "I still want to have pups, and I don't want to wait any longer than I have to. It's like I keep telling the pack, they can make our lives difficult, but they can't actually stop us. This pack has potential."