10. the great quarry jump

CHAPTER TEN
( the great quarry jump )

CHAPTER TEN ( the great quarry jump )

"HEY, THERE, FROGFACE." Troy glared, looking hard at the three. "Toothless." He flipped open a knife, making sure the three saw it quite clearly. "And look at this, their little bitch."

Maddie glared at him, hard. But had no time to reach into her back and grab her own pocket knife for protection. "Shit! Run, guys!" Dustin screamed, dropping his bike. Mike grabbed Maddies arm and pulled her after him and Dustin.

"You're dead, Wheeler!" Troy yelled from behind them. Troy and James continued to chase the three through the trees and woods.

Dustin continued to scream for his friends to hurry up, but Maddie soon found herself in the lead as she was a much better runner than her friends. Mike had let her go and Maddie had found her legs taking her away from Troy far faster than she even realized.

They continued to run, soon finding themselves at the quarry. "Maddie! Wait up!" Mike yelled, seeing the girl far ahead. "Cramp!" Dustin groaned. Mike continued to run. "Just keep going! Keep going!"

Maddie turned her head around to see how far away the boys where. She instantly found that to be a mistake as two arms wrapped around her and held her tight. "Maddie!" Mike yelled, watching as James held onto the thrashing girl.

"Get off of me asshole!" Maddie yelled, thrashing around as much as she could to make James lose his grip. But he was much bigger than her and found it easy to keep the smaller girl stuck.

"Stay back!" Mike yelled, holding up a rock. Dustin pointed a stick towards Troy. "Don't come any closer!" Mike continued. The two where trapped. Troy on one side, James on the other, and the fall drop of the quarry as the only possible way away.

Mike went to throw his rock at James, realizing afterwards that if he hit James he'd also hit Maddie. But Mike missed horribly and James just laughed. "Nice throw, numbnuts."

Dustin then began screaming, running towards Troy as he swung his stick out forwards towards Troy. Troy ducked away, grabbing onto Dustins arm before pulling the boy up to his chest, putting the knife up against Dustins chest.

Maddie began moving around more, wanting to just be able to help her friend. "Let them go! Let them go!" Mike screamed. Troy just looked at Mike insanely. "Stay back, or I cut him!"

"What do you want?" Mike questioned, he just wanted his friends to be safe again. Maddie wasn't worried about herself in the slightest. Her only focus was on getting out of James' grip to get to Dustin.

Troy looked away from a crying Dustin. "I want to know how you did it!" Mike sighed. "How i did what?" Troy scoffed. "I know you did something to me. Some nerdy science shit to make me do that." Mike just looked back at him. "You mean piss your pants?"

"It's called having a small bladder, dumbass!" Maddie sassed. Troy sent her a hard glare. "Our friend has superpowers, and she squeezed your tiny bladder with her mind." Dustin explained. "Shut up!" James yelled.