22. escaping hawkins lab

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
( escaping hawkins lab )

MADDIE FROWNED AS her arms crossed over her chest

MADDIE FROWNED AS her arms crossed over her chest. She was back in a chair and the scientist man had taken the tentacle out of the room before leaving Maddie and Mike to sit there. Joyce had come back in a bit later as did Bob from whatever he was doing and now they all waited on word from any doctor. Which was taking forever.

"What the hell is taking so long?" Joyce questioned to herself with a frown as she looked at Will, who was just staring straight forward with a void expression. Bob frowned. "Hey... doctors take forever, always. Just try and relax. Just be patient."

Joyce exhaled heavily and sat for a moment before shooting up out of her seat. "You know, I just..." She walked out of the room quickly and Bob instantly began to follow, once again leaving Mike and Maddie in the room.

Maddie could hear the arguing outside the room but tried not to focus on it when Mike moved towards Will. "Will. Will? Will?" He put his hand on the boy, who jumped as he was obviously zoned out. "What's wrong? Are you hurting again?" Mike wondered worriedly. "Uh... I saw something."

"In your now-memories?" Mike asked, giving Will his full attention. Will nodded slowly before leaning towards Mike. "The shadow monster. I think I know how to stop him."

At that Mike and Maddie shot up, running to gather anyone they can that could help with Wills plan. Maddie got Joyce and Bob, quickly stopping the argument and need for entry Joyce had moments before while Mike knocked on any door he could to find the doctors as well as Hopper.

Dr. Owens brought everyone into a meeting room where images of the map from the Byers house that had been taken earlier were spread around a table for Will to look at. They put the map in its order and all stood silently as Will was thinking.

"Sam, this is ludicrous." One of the doctors spoke and Maddie sent him a glare from where she sat next to Will. Dr. Owens held a hand up. "Just give him a moment, okay?" The doctor shook his head. "We don't have time—"

"Hey, jackass, why don't you do us all a favor and shut up, okay?" Hopper spoke, silencing the doctor. Maddie smiled lightly but put her attention back on Will when he stood. He began moving around the table, causing Dr. Owens to push people back and out of his way.

He stopped at the head of the table and pointed down at one of the pictures. "That's it." Dr. Owens looked at the image confused. "That's what? What... what's there, Will?"

"I don't know. I just know he doesn't want me to see there. I think it's important." Owens sent the other adults in the room looks before nodding slightly and setting people off to what they needed to do.

Maddie, Mike, Bob, Joyce, and Will were escorted back into Wills room while the rest of the doctors, staff, and Hopper began getting ready to go where Will had told them to go. Maddie paced lightly as time went on, anxiously awaiting any news at all.