06. the makeover

CHAPTER SIX
( the makeover )

MADISON WALKER WAS upset to say the least

MADISON WALKER WAS upset to say the least. Her best friend was dead and he wasn't coming back. She was destined to not be in a good mood.

She could hear the news about Will from her bedroom, her dad seemed to have the tv on. She hadn't left her room and her dad didn't try to talk to her. He felt bad, but he didn't know what to say to her so he just did what he always did, ignored the problem. The girl hadn't spoken to any of the boys yet, they didn't mind. Everyone seemed to be in their own little world, unable to get together and talk.

Maddie had spent the whole morning just laying in bed, not mentally strong enough to actually get up and walk around. "Maddie? Do you copy?" Maddie's ears purked up at the sound of Mikes voice. She grabbed her walkie and just stared at it.

"Maddie, i know you're there!" Maddie ignored him again. "This is urgent. I'm serious. Lucas already pulled this crap, please." Maddie sighed and put her walkie next to her on her bed.

"I'm not gonna stop until you answers." He then began annoying the shit out of Maddie. "Maddie. Maddie. Maddie. Maddie. Maddie. Maddie. Maddie. Mad-" Maddie had enough and grabbed her walkie. "Shut up, Wheeler. Over and out."

"no, not "out." i'm not messing around, okay?" Maddie groaned. "neither am I Mike. stop."

The next thing she heard had her moving around her room and packing her bag. "It's about Will. Over."

Maddie frowned. "What about Will?" She waited for Mike to respond, though it took a second. "Just get over here and I will explain everything. Okay? Over and out."

Maddie sighed before slinging her bag over her shoulder and jumping out of her window. She grabbed her bike and made her way to Mike's.

THE KIDS SAT in Mikes basement watching as El turned the buttons on Mikes supercom. "We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Maddie looked at Mike, all she heard was random whimpering. "Yeah, i heard a baby." Lucas stated and Maddie nodded in agreement, it's the only logical conclusion.

"What?" Mike scoffed, hearing Will. Maddie sighed. "I think you're trying to find any reason to hold onto hope." Mike shakes his head no, he had heard Will. He heard him.

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor." Lucas noted. "it's probably the blackburn's next door." Mike faced the two. "Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? And Maddie, this isn't me holding onto hope. That was Will!" Lucas sighed. "Mike..."