03. the weirdo

CHAPTER THREE
( the weirdo )

MADISON WALKERS NIGHT didn't end up going how she planned

MADISON WALKERS NIGHT didn't end up going how she planned. She had set out to find Will Byers with her friends but ended up finding a random girl in his place, a girl who didn't seem to talk.

Maddie was kneeled down in front of the mystery girl, who seemed to jump at every bit of thunder as the boys tried to get her to talk.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike questioned and the girl just looked up at him. Maddie smiled at the bit of cooperation they were getting out of the girl. The movement of maddie's face brought the girls attention down to her.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin wondered aloud and maddie rolled her eyes. "Did you run away?" Lucas questioned before Mike had another question. "Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" Lucas queried and he reached towards her. Mike slapped his hand down automatically. "Stop it! You're freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas responded, throwing his hands in the air. "I bet she's deaf." Dustin guessed, clapping in her face. The girl jumped back and Maddie punch Dustin.

"not deaf." Dustin noted. Maddie frowned. "That's enough boys! She's freezing and probably scared half to death. Mike, can you please get her some warm clothes?"

Maddie looked back at the girl and smiled. The girl gave a small smile back when none of the boys were looking. It made Maddie's own smile grow.

Mike walked up next to Maddie with clean clothes in his hands. He passed them to the girl who dried her face off with them, before standing up and beginning to take her shirt off. The boys began to freak out and turn away while Maddie just carefully reached out and put the girls shirt back down with a small shake of the head.

"Here, follow me okay? You can trust me. I'm just gonna take you to the bathroom, for some privacy away from these boys." Maddie cooed. She held her hand out for the girl, who looked at it for a second before grabbing the clothes and then slowly putting her own hand into Maddie's.

Maddie pulled the girl to the bathroom and ushered her in. "Now those boys won't peep." Maddie began shutting the door, but before it was all the way closed, the girl grabbed the door.

"Do you not want it closed?" Maddie wondered, looking at the girl confused. She expected the girl not to answer but when she did, it causes excitement to race through Maddie. "No."

Maddie tried to contain her excitement at the word spoken. "Oh, okay! How about I keep the door... here?" She shut it a bit but left a small gap. The girl nodded to the gap. "i'll keep the boys away from here." Maddie added and the girl once again nodded, turning away and letting Maddie walk back to the boys.