Chapter 50

Sarah's P.O.V

"W- What?" I stutter.

The doctor looks at me, his expression filled with sadness.

"Do you want me to call Dan and Phil?" Skylar asks. They both went home earlier.

I shake my head slightly. Skylar holds my hand as I sob into the pillow. The doctor takes this is a sign to leave and closes the door softly.

________________________________4 hours later_________________________________

Skylar's P.O.V

I feed Grant and Ember and sit on the table, scrolling through my instragram. Sarah came home from the hospital earlier and she is at her house taking some time to calm down. Gerard is upstairs sleeping his lazy ass off. I chuckle a little at my own thoughts and jump off the table. I hop up the stairs and slowly open the door to his room. I get on my knees on the bed and push on Gerard's back.

"Ger- ard!" I say and continue poking his face.

"Hmm." He says sleepily.

"You have been sleeping for three hours, get uppp." I whine and lean back on my knees, letting my arms go slack at my sides.

"Alright fine." he says and sits up, tumbling out of bed.

"Hey, i'm taking a walk, watch the kids!" I say as I walk out the door. I run downstairs and slip out the door, starting to walk down sidewalk. I walk down the street, enjoying the fresh air. I put my ear buds in and play black veil brides.

"One final fight, for this tonight." I sing softly to myself.

My wrist is suddenly grabbed and jerked off the sidewalk. I try to scream but a hand is crushing my windpipe.

"He- Help!" I choke softly.

I bring my knee up and hit my attacker where it hurts, hoping it was a dude.

"Ow!" He screamed out it pain. It actually was a guy.

I whip around when his grip loosens. I take deep breaths, letting the air flow back into me. My attacker's face is shadowed by a hoodie, I can't really make him out.

He grabs me and I blindly swing at him.

"Help! Help me!" I keep screaming.

"Get off of her." I her a yell and the attacker is yanked off me.

I fall to the ground, skinning my knees and panting. Tears unwillingly flow down my cheeks.

"Skylar are you okay?" I see Dan, Phil, and Frank lean in front of me.

"What- the- fuck?!" I choke. Dan helps me up and I brush myself off.

"Who was that?!" Frank looks at me seriously. I shrug, not exactly trusting my voice yet.

My legs quiver as we stand there. Frank calls the cops and tells them everything. After talking to the cops for and hour or so we start walking back.

"I don't feel safe." I whisper as I notice it starting to get darker. "I can go get the car. I'm only like 4 houses down." Frank says as he speed walks to his house.

We wait for a few minutes before Frank rolls in front of us. I slowly take the front seat, shivering as the wind blows. We drive until we come to our house. I slowly get out of the car.

"Thanks guys." I say and walk up to the front door.

I open the door quietly. Gerard is pacing the kitchen, holding his head in his hands. The kids look like they are about to burst out crying. He looks over at the sound of the door creaking.