Chapter 6

Skylar's P.O.V

Ray, Mikey, and Frank have gone to bed. Gerard and I sit on the couch. We laugh and talk about the concert. He looks at me, his eyes suddenly full of worry. "Skylar, what did your stepfather do to you?" he asks me. I sigh.

"He whipped me, and c-cut me," I stutter out. I was on the verge of tears. Gerard pulled me into a hug and I flinch.

"Why do you flinch everytime someone touches your side?" He asks me. I pull up my shirt a little. He looks at my waist. The scars run around my body in jagged lines. A circle of scars runs around my hip and across my stomach. His hand is in front of his mouth. "Oh my god.. I had no idea.." he says. I bite my lip, trying to hold back tears. It fails and I start sobbing. Gerard pulls me into another hug, but he is careful with my sides.

Gerard's P.O.V

In that moment, with Skylar sobbing on my shoulder and me holding her, I notice something. I feel something strong for this girl. I am in love with Skylar. She is beautiful, talented, and strong. I have never met anyone like her. She makes my heart race, my stomach fills with butterflies when I hear cute voice. My arms tighten around her and I close my eyes, breathing her in,

Frank's P.O.V

I wake up and Gerard rushes into my room. "Gerard?! What the hell are you doing?!" I whisper yell at him.

"I have to tell you something!" He whispers back.

"Whats so important? Where is everyone? Are they okay? Did Skylar cut herself again?" I whisper.

"No everyone is fine and Skylar is sleeping," He says.

"Then what is it?" I ask. "I'm in love with Skylar," he stutters out. I look at him.

"Really?" I ask. He nods. "How are you gonna tell her?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I'll figure it all out later," he says.

"Dude I'm really happy for you, but go back to bed!" I smile. He smiles and goes back to bed.

Gerard's P.O.V

I am extremely happy. I walk to the couch and sit next to Skylar. She looks so beautiful and peaceful. I lean over and kiss her forehead. I drift off to sleep slowly. I hope she loves me back.