Chapter 8

Skylar's P.O.V

I am so happy. Gerard and I have been dating for a two weeks, the guys know, too. They are super happy for us. We walk to the beach, hand in hand. We all go to the beach alot. Ray's friend, Sarah, and Mikey's girlfriend, Alicia, tag along. We have become really good friends, and I am glad their are some girls around. We all hang out on the beach and talk. They all go in the water and I stay up on the sand with Gerard. "Why haven't you gotten in the water?" he asks. I shrug. He smiles and picks me up and carries me bridal-style. "Gerard what are you doing?" I ask, laughing and squirming around.i finally give up and let my arm dangle over the side. "Ughh what are you doing," I whine. He laughs and steps in the water with me still in his hands. I bury my face in his chest. "Noooo," I whine. My back touches the water and I feel that it is really cold. I keep my face in is chest and keep whining. "Geeee," I say. "Skyyyy," He says, smirking  I hold my breath and he goes underwater. My face is still buried in his chest when he goes underwater. He kisses the top of my head then goes back above the water. I cross my arms and look at him. He walks up to me and puts his arms around me. "You know you can't stay mad at me," He smiles. He is right. I can't. but i can pretend to. I narrow my eyes at him. He puts his hand up and back away. "Nooo," I whine and jump on him. He laughs and I lay my head on him. "I'm gonna go take a walk," I tell him. "Ok," he says. I get out and start to walk down the beach. I look at my watch and see that it is two in the morning. I start to sing.

My shadows the only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there would find me

'till then I walk alone

Gerard comes up behind me. He hugs me from behind. "I love your voice," He says. I smile and turn around to look at him. "Come on, we are leaving" He says. We walk down the beach hand in hand.