Chapter 23

Skylar's P.O.V

I wake up and run to the bathroom. I lean over the toilet and throw up. Gerard appear's behind me and hold's my hair up. He rub's my back and whisper's. "Shh, it's ok," he soothes. He keep's my hair up until I am done. I wipe my mouth with toilet paper and throw it in. I flush the toilet and Gerard help's me up. "What's wrong?" he ask's, sounding concerned. I shrug. "Maybe it's just a bug," I say. He nod's and hug's me. "I'm gonna take a shower and get the smell of throw up off me," I say. He chuckles and nod's. He walk's out and I undress. I step in the shower and wash my hair. I step out of the shower and brush my teeth to get the taste out of my mouth. I wrap the towel around me and walk out to get my clothes. Gerard walk's in on accident and he spin's his head around. "Sorry," he chuckle's. I giggle and grab my clothes. It's fine I have a towel," I say. He turn's his head around and jump's on the bed. "Aren't you hyper?" I say and laugh. I walk over and put my face in front of his. "You are upside down," I say and giggle. "Or YOU are upside down and I am right side up," he say's. I look at him. "Nah you upside for sure," I say. He laugh's and pull's me in for a kiss.. an upside down one. I smile but quickly pull away. "I don't wanna get you sick," I say. Gerard smile's. "It's worth it," he says. I smile and kiss him. He pulls me down and we stay there and kiss for a couple minute's. He pull's me into him and we keep kissing. We finally break apart and I stand up. Gerard look' at me with a pouty face and I laugh. "I'm gonna get dressed, then we can kiss, deal?" I say. He smile's and nod's. I laugh and go into the bathroom to change. I slip on my black short short's with the rip's on the front and a black v- neck tank top. I put on a studded belt and comb out my hair, but I leave it fluffy. I slip on a batman necklace and walk out. I don't see Gerard anywhere. "Gerard?" I call. Arm's wrap around my waist and spin me around. I laugh and Gerard run's and jump's on the bed. "You know, you are lucky you change fast," he say's. " I might have gone insane," he finished. I giggle and walk over to him. I lay next to him and hold his hand. He pull's me close and kisses me. He is careful with the scar's on my arm's. I pull him closer and keep kissing him. I look at him and smile. "My arm's are fine," I tell him. "Okay," he say's and pull's me in for another kiss. I wrap my arm's around him and we keep kissing.

Gerard's P.O.V

I look at the time and see it is about nine at night. I look over and see Sky sitting on the balcony. I walk over and she hide's her face. "Nooo I don't have makeup on," she giggle's and hide's her face. I move her hand away and kiss her. "You are beautiful without it," I say. She smile's and I sit down. She walk's over and sit's on my lap. I smile and wrap my arm's around her. "Let's go take a walk on the beach," she suggest's. I nod and pick her up. I carry her inside and he laugh's. I set her down and she goes to change.

Skylar's P.O.V

I walk in a put on my black bikini. I put on some black waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I walk out and Gerard is changed. He pick's me up and throw's me over his shoulder. He walk's out the door, down the street to the beach. I laugh as he carries me. He set's me on the sand and I run down the beach. "You will never catch me!!" I yell. I look behind me and see Gerard running after me. I laugh and run away. I feel arm's wrap around me. They told me tighter then Gerard ever does, and he is not careful with the scar's. I look behind me and almost burst into tear's. Jared drag's me behind a big log. He start's beating me with a rock the size of a lemon. "Gerard!! Gerard!!!" I scream. Jared keep's hitting me with the rock. "Sky?!" I hear someone call. "Jared, stop!" I scream. With the name Jared I hear Gerard come running. "Skylar!" he yell's. "Gerard!!" I scream back. Jared keep's beating me. "Don't you ever run away! Do you understand me you emo whore?!" Jared yell's and keep's hitting me. I hear someone and feel the rock stop hitting me. I groan and see Gerard has Jared pinned to the floor. Gerard punches him. "Don't you ever touch her again!" he yell's and hit's him again. He get's off Jared and kick's his side. I stand up and limp to Gerard. He run's over and pick's me up. Jared get's up and punches Gerard in the face. Gerard fall's to the ground, trying not to drop me. Jared punches him repeatedly. Gerard black's out. I call the guy's and tell them to com to the beach. Jared grab's my wrist's and start's pulling me. I look back and see Gerard on the floor. "Gerard!" I scream. He stuggle's to get up. "Skylar," he cough's out. I see his eye's widen. "Skylar!" he scream's and jump's up. The guy's run onto the beach and see us. Gerard grab's me and pull's me out of Jared's grasp. Jared turn's and come's at us. I see all the guy's tackle him to the ground. I walk over and kick Jared in the side. I lean down close to his ear. "You need to get the fuck out of my life, you ruined half of it, now when you get up you are going to get your ass up and walk away and never, ever even try to come for me again or I will make your life a living hell," I whisper. The guy's get up. Jared let's out a huff and leave's. I collapse into Gerard's arm's and blood flow's down from my shoulder's and stomach and leg's where I was hit with the rock. Gerard pick's me up and carries me home. He lay's me on the counter and get's a rag. He wet's it and slowly clean's my cut's. I wince. He kisses my forehead because he notices I was in pain. Bruises have formed on me. When Gerard is done I sit up and sling my leg's over the counter. I sit on the edge and Gerard walk's over to me. I put my forehead on his. He wrap's his arm's around me. "I'm sorry, I couldn't get there in time and he started beating you," Gerard say's and look's down. I look up at him and his eye's eventually meet mine. "This was not your fault," I say. He lean's in and kisses me. He pick's me up off the counter and manages to kiss me at the same time. He is careful with the new scratches and marks that Jared made. I put my arm's around him and we just stay there and kiss. Beside's what just happened with Jared... My life could not get any better.