006

Blood Ties (part 2)

Emma and Rip arrived at the Greyhill Building. Rip in the front, posing as the driver and Emma in the back with Blake, posing as his plus one.

Rip rolled the window down "Ah, Mr. Blake. Welcome." The security guard said. "I take it Mrs. Blake is out of town?" The security guard asked and Emma held a Chinese ring dagger to Blake's side, out of sight from the guard as she sent him a smile.

"That's a very pointed observation." Blake said nervously and Rip drove off and parked in a spot in the garage. The three getting out of the car "If you're going to find the vessel, you'll need my help." Blake said as Rip opened the trunk.

"No, I think we're quite good without it." Rip disagreed as he got the trunk open. "Emma." Rip called and said girl swung a hard punch to Blake's face, knocking him unconscious and falling into the trunk. Emma looks down at the unconscious man in the trunk with a smirk and Rip takes his hat off, throwing it in the trunk with the unconscious man before closing it. "Shall we?" Rip asked, offering his arm to Emma.

"We shall." Emma replied before taking his arm, the two heading up to the party.

Emma and Rip make it to the main hall of the party, having no idea where to go.

"Maybe we should have had Blake show us around." Emma said to Rip who stood beside her.

"Hm." Rip agreed "Perhaps there's a less conspicuous way for us to do reconnaissance. May I?" Rip asked holding his hand out in front of Emma. Emma looks to his hand then looks up at Rip, pain in her eyes.

"I don't dance to whatever this is." Emma protested

"I'll lead then." Rip said and Emma groaned and gave in, taking his hand and together, they walked to the dance floor where Rip spun Emma. "Well, for a monster, you dance quit gracefully, Ms. Allen." Rip said as they continued to dance

"Don't make fun." Emma teased as she smiled

"I know, I'm not. Nor do I consider you a monster." Rip said and Emma looked at him questioningly. After he first handedly witnessed what she is capable of, he should. she considers herself a monster, maybe even worse, how can Rip not see that? Or at least that is what Emma thought "All I see is someone who is tortured by an appetite that she can not control." Rip explained after seeing the questioning look on her face.

"There's no magical cure for what's wrong with me." Emma said, sadness lacing her voice

"Of course there is." Rip chuckled disagreeing "It's called being better. When my family was killed, I thought there was no way I could go on, but I did." Rip said as Emma's eyes landed on the neck of a guard who had the same burn as the ones from the bank. "Truth of our existence is that we're all blessed and cursed with the drive to move forward. Live the next day. To get better. And you will too, Emma." Rip said before spinning her and Emma took the opportunity to look for more scars on the guards which she noticed on all of them.

"Well, maybe I can start by managing not to kill these guys." Emma said nodding her head in the direction of the guards. "They're scarred up like our friends at the bank." Emma said

"South African mercenaries." Rip realized "Why didn't you say so? Ladies first." Emma walked out of the main hall.

Emma and Rip had their arms around each other, laughing like maniacs as they stumbled through the hallways, both with an empty glass of champagne, pretending to be a lost drunk couple.

"This area's restricted, folks." One of the guards said

"I'm just looking for the ladies' room." Emma slurred before she pretended to stumble into one of the guards, head butting him before sending a roundhouse kick to the other. Rip getting the keys off one of the guards, opening the door to the room they were guarding. Rip entered, Emma following. They walked behind the curtains where they found Carter's body on a table with lit candles everywhere. Almost like Savage was preparing for a ritual. "Hope you have a plan to get him out of here." Emma said as the two approached the table.