014

Night of the Hawk (part one)

The Legends have just landed in Harmony Falls, Oregon, 1958.

Taking their harnesses off, most of the team found themselves to be experiencing some side effects.

"I'm not the only one who's vision is blurry in their left eye, am I?" Stein asked, taking his glasses off and squinting his eyes.

"Oh." Rip shrugged

"Seeing three of everything? That's normal, right?" Jax asked also squinting his eyes.

"Yes," Rip confirmed "as I mentioned before, the effect of time travel on the human body increases with the length of each jaunt." Rip explained

"Then why am I not affected?" Emma asked as she leaned forward with her hands crossed and her elbows on her thighs to hold her up.

"Maybe you're not human." Sara said from next to Emma, groaning.

"That's not even remotely funny." Emma shook her head.

"I wasn't kidding." Sara retorted

"Yes, that does seem a bit odd." Rip piped in 

"So, where are we?" Kendra asked changing the subject as she stands.

"Harmony Falls, Oregon." Rip answered "According to Captain Baxter's intel, Savage makes an appearance in this quaint little hamlet." Rip said, looking at a black and white picture of a town on the screen.

"What the hell is Savage doing in Pleasantville?" Jax asked and a news article of a dead girl labeled 'Slasher Strikes Again' appears on the screen.

"Murder, apparently." Rip answers, looking at the screen.

"Several denizens of Harmony Falls have been brutally slain, and others have gone missing." Rip reads from the article.

"Huh. Kind of like Rory." Jax says, looking at Leonard accusingly earning a glare from Leonard.

"Reports are vague, but it seems like the killer is an expert with knives." Rip continued, ignoring Jax's comment.

"That sounds like Savage's MO." Sara said

"Yeah, but serial killing isn't." Ray disagreed "Sounds pretty small-time for a guy who's had coffee with Hitler." Ray said

"Yeah, well, clearly we have to assume that Savage has a larger more nefarious plan." Rip said as Emma said...

"What if he's planning something bigger?" Emma said at the same time as Rip. The two looked at each other momentarily before Rip continued.

"But since we've jumped back in time, Savage isn't expecting us here." Rip said

"Savage is pretty good at hiding, even in a small town, so how do you plan to find him?" Kendra asked

"By investigating these murders." Rip answered "Now, there has to be a common link between the victims, starting with the first." Rip said "A piano teacher was found slain in her home, which is now on the market." Rip started to explain. "Dr. Palmer and Ms. Saunders will act as a married couple looking to buy a house in a new town along with their sister and sister in law." Rip said looking to Emma.

"Why do I have to be the third wheel?" Emma whined

"Because if anything bad were to happen, I know that you'd protect them." Rip replied 

"They don't need protecting."

"We don't need protecting." Emma, Ray, and Kendra all said simultaneously.