013

Marooned 

Emma walked into the parlour to see Rip looking through piles upon piles of paper. He had been sitting in his office for a week, stressing over on trying to find Savage. His hair disheveled and out of place, unlike his usual hair that was gelled to the side, his leather jacket and trench coat thrown to the side of his office leaving him in his usual grey t-shirt that showed his muscular arms. For a moment, Emma couldn't help but stare at his appearance. Yes, he looked like someone who just got run over by a locomotive but, she had to admit, it was pretty hot.

Snapping out of her thoughts, she cleared her throat. "Hey." She said, startling Rip. "Sorry." She apologized "Just though you could use some help." Emma said as she sat across from Rip. 

"I'm fine, thank you." Rip said, not looking up.

"Well, considering you've been cooped up in this cozy little office of yours for...a while, skipping every meal of the day since, haven't even closed your eyes for like a minute, haven't showered once, and look like you just lost a fight to a gorilla, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there." Emma said as Rip didn't bother to look up. "Hey!" Emma snapped her fingers in his face.

"What?" Rip whined

"Let me help you." Emma suggested

"I said I'm fine." Rip turned her down.

"Well, I say you're not." Emma sighed "Okay, how about this? You can let me help you, or I can sit in here and tell you all about the winter I lost my virginity. Either way, I'm not leaving." Emma negotiated but Rip just kept reading. "Suit yourself, you asked for it." Emma started "Well, I was fifteen, it was winter break and one of this rich kid at my high school was throwing a party. He invited everyone in our grade, and we started flirting and one thing lead to another, and next thing I know, I'm being shoved into his room with his tongue down my throat--" Emma started to explain but Rip cut her off.

"Okay, okay, okay!" Rip exclaimed, and Emma looked over to see Rip holding his hands up to his ears with a look of disgust on his face. "You can help." Rip said as he pushed over a stack of paper.

"That's what I though." Emma said with a smirk plastered on her face. 

Three hours have passed of both Emma and Rip looking through papers, trying to find Savage. Three hours of silence and work.

Emma let out a sigh, putting her stack down.

"Three hours and I have nothing." Emma said as she stood up. "I'm gonna go get high on coffee since my eyes feel like shutting for all eternity." Emma dramatically said "Want any?" she asked Rip.

"No, thank you." Rip answered and Emma nodded, walking to the kitchen. As soon as Emma left, Rip started playing the hologram of his wife and son, over and over. Until Stein waled in.

~~~~~~~~~~   

Emma was chugging her fourth cup of coffee when Gideon interrupted.

"Creator, Captain Hunter is requesting you return to the bridge." Gideon said

"Guess he finally found something." Emma muttered "Thanks, Gid." Emma thanked before walking out of the kitchen and to the bridge.

Upon entering the bridge, Emma found herself to be the last to arrive.

"System malfunction." The woman on the screen started. "I'm stranded, unable to jump. Controls unresponsive. This is Captain Eve Baxter of the timeship Acheron, requesting critical rescue."  The woman -Eve- said before static took over and the transmission ended. 

"And we care about this chick why?" Mick asked

"We don't, but the Acheron's computer will contain the current intel on Savage's whereabouts." Rip answered Mick's question. "Gideon, set a course for the Acheron's position in deep space." Rip ordered