.𝟗 - 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(desolation)

𝐓here was no way Nyx's mind could ever wrap around the reality in which Theo had killed her. They were family, twins even. Their very existence remained bound to one another since birth. He loved her beyond the moon itself and she the sun. He had taken care of her when she was hurt, wiped away her tears in the darkest of hours when she cried, and constantly scolded Ren for teasing her. It couldn't have been him. She had prayed to every higher being out there that this was all just some nightmare her mind had conjured and that the words Five had strung were merely lies. But the truth had never been more bitter as she awoke to hear the same all over again. Theo; her sweet, innocent brother now wore her blood on his hands. She had spent her entire life idolizing him, trying to fight her nature and be good like him, only to be cut down by his hand. 

He killed her.

All she was left with now was the haunting truth plaguing her mind as she stared aimlessly at the sage green wall of Five's bedroom. She sat on his twin bed with her knees hugged to her chest. The delicate rays of sunlight shining in from the windows on either side of the room beat down against Nyx's skin. Their touch made her feel ill with the knowledge she had received but for once, she didn't allow herself to acknowledge the slight burn of their warmth. She didn't retreat into the safety of the cool shadows or order Five to close the blinds. The stinging pain was the only thing grounding her to this world and she feared the places her mind would take her without it. 

White chalk littered Five's walls as he worked tirelessly beside her. With his mind running at a speed he could hardly keep up with, he calculated a formula that Nyx didn't bother to understand the basics of. He had explained to her once before what it was for but she had hardly paid him any mind as he rambled. Her mind was spinning much too fast around the thought of her brother to comprehend anything he was saying. 

"Oh." Five slowly lowered his hand from the wall. "Okay, I think I've got something, Nyx." He took a step back on the bed to get a better vantage point of everything he had written out, completely unaware that she wasn't paying attention to a single word he had spoken. "It's tenuous but promising."

Nyx, who was unwilling to speak an actual reply merely hummed in response. Her chin moved to rest on her knees as her finger traced slow shapes against her leg. But Five didn't notice that either, not that she particularly wanted him to acknowledge her situation though. 

"What is all this?"

Nyx's gaze dragged toward the sound of the new voice, her tired eyes meeting Luther's frame as he walked into the room. "It's a probability map," Five answered, not bothering to look back at his brother as he spoke.