.𝟐𝟎 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(the weeping moon)

𝐍yx's eyes remained glued to the dastardly image before her. It was a perfect catastrophe, everything the devil could have wanted and more. She could have sworn to see his smirk glimmer in the transparent pages of reality. Blue and purple twisted together in an ugly hue that encased Harold Jenkin's lips and fingertips. The veins beneath his eyes visually darkened against his pale skin, painting him a cold ghostly white. Foregin objects remained lodged through his skin in great masses; knives, forks, scissors, you name it. Anything with a point that once resided on the kitchen counter or within the shelves had been thrust into his chest and abdomen. A thick crimson layer soaked through his clothing, blocking any onlookers of view on where the weapons ended and skin began. It was truly an appalling sight, not just the body but the room itself. The windows had been blown in with glass shards littering about, the table was nothing but a pile of ruin beneath Harold, and the appliances on the countertops had been thrown about. Whoever had done this was inhumane. There was no way an ordinary person was capable of such destruction. 

"Well shit," Ren muttered, the words sounding so unnatural coming past his lips. Nothing ever really phased the demon of a man. Everything he did was calculated and strategic and none of the horrors he saw were strong enough to tackle his dreams and morph them into darkened nightmares, but this...this was unexpected, to say the least. 

Nyx nearly did a double-take at her brother's words. Of course he would say such a thing in the wake of the Hargreeves siblings' growing concern. They had already nearly lost the life of one of their sisters due to Harold Jenkins and now by the looks of it, they were running out of time to save the other. "Shut up, Ren," She coldly spoke.

Five let out a heavy sigh as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his navy schoolboy shorts. Klaus stood beside him, his hands placed on his knees as he leaned forward to look closer at the body. The look present on his face resembled that of intrigue as well as appalled by the sight before them. "It's not exactly what I was expecting," Klaus spoke aloud.

"Understatement of the year," Five remarked.

Klaus forced his gaze away from the body as he looked around the room. "There's no sign of Vanya," He pointed out.

"Let's get out of here before the cops come," Diego ordered as he too, forced his gaze away from the horrific scene and moved to make his way toward the door. A scene as brutal as this had to have attacked attention. Surely the cops were on their way by now and as much as he wanted to investigate the scene, he couldn't spare another run-in after escaping the department. But much to his dismay, neither Five nor Nyx moved to follow his command.