.𝟑𝟒 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(the art of deception)

𝐈f someone were to have told Nyx that after getting kidnapped, breaking free, savaging her way back to someone who barely gave her disappearance a second thought, and then attending a gala at some rich man's manor, she would have laughed in their face. Firstly, because she never would have thought it possible for her to be kidnapped, and secondly, because she'd rather be caught dead than attend an event such as that. She never even went to the Handler's formal events and her attendance at those was considered mandatory. If that alone wasn't reason enough for her to not want to go, then the fact that she could hardly stand up straight this morning was. But alas here she was, hunched over behind some old ass car beside the biggest idiots this universe had to offer with makeup covering her face to conceal her bruises wearing a ridiculous cheap black dress. On a pointless mission to find Sir Reginald Hargreeves, because somehow he's part of a mysterious sci-fi club. 

"So, what's the plan?" Lila asked, her voice hushed to a whisper as Diego peeked over the car's trunk for any watchful eyes. 

"We infiltrate, we identify, we extract," Diego explained. Nyx held back her scoff at the vagueness of their plan. There were no set roles, timing, escape route, or backup. They might as well be going in blind. But somehow both Hargreeve singlings deemed the plan as perfect. "Double time."

Lila gave a firm nod in understanding, but her face slowly sunk into confusion as she looked over her shoulder at Nyx. "What the hell's he talking about?" She asked.

"Who knows?" Nyx shrugged as her eyes narrowed on the back of Diego's head, "It's a shit plan."

"We find the old man and get out fast." Five elaborated for the two girls, but it did little if anything to persuade them of the strength of its design. 

Diego slowly craned his head to look back at them. "That's what I said." He stated as he slowly rose to his feet. "On me." 

Nyx watched as Diego rushed ahead through the crowd of cars, waiting for Lila to continue on after him before she went. The brunette slowly turned around, eyeing the two behind her. "After you." She encouraged, drawing a skeptical stare from Five. "What?" she asked, confusion morphing across her features once more. "I can't be polite?"

"Cut the crap, alright?" Five interrupted, his signature smirk slowly forming up his lips. "My dimwitted brother might buy your bullshit, but I don't trust you for a second." He seethed causing Nyx's eyes to widen slightly at the accusation. She hasn't been around much to get a good enough opinion of Lila but he was one to talk about playing two sides.