.𝟐𝟖 - 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(welcoming new guests)

𝐅ive Hargreeves was no stranger to Nyx's anger. Not a day went by when he didn't see the knife clutched tightly in her hand, always ready to attack. Such violence was reassuring, safe even. Without her anger, she was someone else entirely. He doubted he'd ever recognize her without it. For the day her knife slips from her hand would be a day of utter havoc. She had never been gentle nor kind, let alone vulnerable. Her cunning and sharp wit were what allowed her to stand among the Earth today. All warmth within her was blocked behind a fortified wall she guarded with her life. But every wall had its cracks and hers were beginning to show. Yesterday the knife almost slipped free. Five may not have seen her unraveling before his eyes but the traces of it were there. Even now as she stood before him the next day, he could see the tremble of its impending destruction. So after last night, he felt he owed it to Nyx to at least try and go over the threats lurking in their shadows.

Whatever it was she went through while he tried to recruit Luther was unbeknownst to him. She wouldn't share a single word of it and after the first attempt to get her to talk, he wasn't idiotic enough to try again. She was never one to pour out her heart to those around her, not even to her brothers when they were young. She had always dealt with things on her own. The shame of others seeing her weaknesses was too much for her to bare. Nothing would ever change that about her. So as she sat on the couch in Elliott's orange couch, feet propped up on the table and knees pulled close to her body, she showed no sign of the unraveling she felt before. She kept a clear focus on the notebook in her hands, only ever looking up to adjust the image she was creating before her in the shadows.

She was oblivious to Five's constant worried glances. He never went longer than a minute without sparing her a glance, analyzing her features for signs of collapse. She had appeared to be back to her regular self for a couple of hours now. Ever since Elliott allowed her to use his shower to cleanse herself of her brothers' blood. That alone had left her an emotional wreck for the duration of the shower. Five had even had to come in and help her scrub the substance off when she collapsed in her cries. Without the constant reminder of what she had done stuck to her skin, her mind was much clearer now. Allowing her better focus. 

Since their return to Elliott's the image of Event Number Six had been placed back up in its rightful place alongside the captured frames of the Hargreeves siblings. But this time a magnifying glass had been placed before the image, allowing both a closer view to the mystery person and a closer attention to detail within the pixels. Nyx's idea, which Five had to admit to be quite genius, was for her to create the image of the man using the shadows to create a life-sized replica.