.𝟑𝟎 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐤

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(the fall of dusk)

𝐓he blood within Nyx's veins rushed cold, the smooth yet haunting voice freezing her heart amist its beat. Her first instinct, had she not been a trained assassin, would have been to run. To get out as fast as she could in the only hopes of making it out alive. But she knew better than to show her opponents any emotion, let alone fear. Fear was the mind-killer, it halted all logical thought and kept the predator hungry for more. So despite the spike of the emotion terrorizing her heart, she locked it tightly beneath her mask. She had no use for the emotion anyway. She didn't run away from anything, they ran from her. Slowly, she turned to face her onlooker, her eyes narrowing. Daring brown eyes stared back at her holding all kinds of horror-fueled intentions and the faintest of coy smirks painted rose colored lips. "Sersi," Nyx's voice was chilled as the name left her tongue. The smirk pulled tight at Sersi's lips as Nyx's eyes landed on the glimmer of the knife within her hand. Still, Nyx showed her no satisfaction of fear. Instead, she shifted on her feet and folded her arms over her chest as she hauntingly said, "I see you're still feeding into the Handler's fantasy."

A huff of air blew past Sersi's nostrils in a silent laugh. "I see you're still running from responsibility," She quickly retorted back. Her head tilted ever so slightly as an exaggerated look of confusion formed across her face. "Wasn't that the kind of behavior that got you killed the last time? I thought you would have learned your lesson by now." A quiet hum emitted from her as she eyed Nyx up and down. "Then again, you always were a slow learner."

Nyx merely lifted a brow at the statement as her arms dropped back to her side. "I'd be careful throwing insults my way. I'm more powerful than you remember." She warned lowly. 

At this Sersi's smile dropped entirely, her demeanor switching back to the hostile one she previously carried. The shadows seemed to draw across her face as her eyes resumed their daring stare. "You're not the only one."

The air around the two seemed to drop in temperature, static crackling through the open space as Sersi's fingers twitched at her side. She wasn't a person anyone willingly messed with. The two had been the top recruits of the Handler, Sersi only falling shortly behind Nyx in skill and ruthlessness. Nyx doubted the woman ever lowered the intensity of her training after she had passed. But old habits always die hard and no matter the time that had passed since Nyx had last seen her, her style couldn't have changed much. But it wasn't just Sersi who had the chance of having an upper hand. Nyx too had changed drastically since their last meeting. She had acquired skills Sersi had never seen before and she was much more calculated than in her youth. Both sides would be blind in this fight.