.𝟏𝟓 - 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(criminals)

𝐍yx surged forward as they entered the halls of the Umbrella Academy. Diego was moving quickly alongside her, Five's limp body held within his arms. It felt as though Nyx's heart was going to beat out of her chest. Unwanted thoughts raced through her mind with such ferocity she was unable to drown them out. She had already been through this once before and both times she'd been unable to stop death from embedding her claws into flesh. She couldn't allow it to happen again, her heart couldn't bare it. But yet there was nothing she could do against fate. She and Allison worked quickly to clear the couch, tossing pillows aside and dragging blankets to the ground as Diego approached them. "We should have taken him to the hospital," Allison stated, her worry tying heavily to her words. They had been in situations such as these before many times. But it usually wasn't them having to tend to the other's wounds. Their father or mother were usually the ones that led such operations and the one time neither had been around, they lost a brother. She'd be damned if she were to lose a second, not after just getting him back again. 

All three of them were oblivious to Five's eyes fluttering open, the weight of his eyelids only allowing him enough visibility to peek at them. "A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions," His voice was quiet as he spoke, barely above a whisper with the weakness that had taken to it. But it did not go unheard. 

Nyx's eyes widened slightly as she spun around to find him staring at her through lidded eyes. A small amount of relief was quick to fill her heart as she helped Diego gently set him on the sofa. he was awake. That was good. Her hand rested beneath his head, her thumb rubbing soothing circles on his skin as she used her other hand to brush his hair out of his face. "Hey," She softly spoke, the sound of her voice causing Five to smirk with a small sigh of contentment. He would admit that the pain he felt was near torture but the sound of her voice had managed to dull it. "Hey," He spoke back.

"He's still losing blood," Allison pointed out as she moved quickly to rip off her jacket. She bent over beside Nyx and pressed the fabric harshly over the wound. A groan was quick to emit from Five, his face quickly contorting in pain as he squeezed his eyes shut. Worry pulled at Nyx's face as she slipped her hands away from him. "What do we do?" Allison asked, her voice frantic as she looked between Nyx and Diego. 

"We take the shrapnel out," Diego responded, doing his best to keep his voice level in the situation. Both Allison and Nyx wore their panic openly. Nyx had done her best to keep it at bay before but now it was a force she could hardly contain. Someone had to keep a level head if they were to get through this and that someone had now become Diego.