.𝟏𝟑 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(the day that was)

𝐈n the distance, the faint sound of a door shutting confirmed Vanya's exit of the house. A look of regret washed upon Allison's face as she hung her head with a sigh. It wasn't that she wanted to leave their sister out of their conversation, it was just that they didn't need any prying ears sneaking in on it. Slowly, she moved to walk back to the group sitting at the bar. "Now there are loads of possibilities. Nuclear war, asteroids," Luther listed off. "But I'm thinking this is about the moon. Right? Dad must have sent me up there for a reason." Nyx couldn't help the laugh escaping past her lips at his reasoning. She didn't know their father or what he could have possibly wanted on the moon but she doubted it had anything to do with an apocalypse. Besides, she knew Luther well enough now to know that he believed himself the center of everything. He turned to glare at her but everyone else in the room seemed to agree with the absurd looks they had all given him. "I was giving him daily updates on the conditions and I sent the field samples. So the first thing we need to do is find his research."

"Hold on. Hold the phone." Klaus interrupted Luther's train of thought. "We all died fighting this thing the first time around. Remember?"

"Klaus shockingly has a point," Diego agreed with a nod. "What gives us a win this time?"

Before another word could be spoken by any of the five, a loud crackle of energy burst through the air. Nyx jumped in surprise, her drink falling from her hand and crashing against the floor as a blue energy sphere took to the space beside her. Quickly she backed away from the source, quickly recognizing it to belong to the Commission's briefcases. There was no telling who was about to drop into the room. A loud thud resonated through the room and just like that, all traces of the blue light was gone as though it had never been there to begin with. 

"Jesus!" Allison shrieked as she jumped back from the sprawled body now resting on the countertop. 

Confusion was quick to replace the shock of Nyx's heart as she stared skeptically at what appeared to be Five laying on the counter. "Five?" She asked with a cautious step toward him. 

"You guys, am I still high, or do you see him too?" Klaus asked from where he had tripped and fallen back onto the couch in his panic at the burst of energy. 

"Five, where have you been?" Luther asked in a scolding tone contrary to everyone else's shocked one. But his matching scolding look was quick to slip into panic as they all watched Five slowly slip off the countertop, his body seeming lethargic. 

"S-Shit!" Nyx exclaimed as she rushed forward to catch him before he could smash into the ground. However, her efforts were only partially successful and she only succeeded in grabbing one of his arms and his other hand to hold up the upper half of his body. "What the hell?!" Her eyes frantically scanned his figure for any noticeable signs of blood or wounds as she slowly helped him stand. "Are you okay?"