The Attic, The Book and the The Mirror

Jiang Cheng arrived at the new house they bought, shutting the door of his car he went to the trunk to retrieve his stuff, carrying the boxes he blinked as he looked around. Wei Wuxian is already cleaning the front yard and he can make out the figure of his sister inside, over all it seems to be a very good day and the weather for once is in their favour. Jiang Cheng heard a familiar voice, it was none other than his favourite nephew Jin Ling, the seven years old boy ran and barrelled straight to his leg.

"Uncle!"

"A-Ling, dont cling to your Uncle he is carrying something heavy" Jiang Yanli called out stepping outside the porch as she beckoned for her son and Jin Ling immediately ran back to her side.

Wei Wuxian approached him taking the other box on his arms with a smirk. "What do you think?" he gestured to the house.

"Not bad.. A little creepy but it seems fine" Jiang Cheng looked at the two story house, at first glance it looks old but some renovation must have happened to it because it looked a little modernised, the doors were replaced and the roof as well, Though he could see the old carvings on the window sill, as they walked inside he saw the faded paint which hid a left over wallpapers. Seems like a lot of work needs to be done in this house.

The siblings along with Jin Ling moved here trying to start over.

When the fire consumed their old residents it killed a lot of people including their parents and Jin Zixuan trying to save his wife and son. They decided to move away from that place. It was a horrible night in which Jiang Cheng still get some nightmares, he couldn't function for a few days taking in the loss but when he looked at his siblings he knew he had to do something. They decided to sell the old house, all of them couldn't bear to live on that same place that keeps haunting them. Thankfully Wei Wuxian found a deal for this house, the location is really good, it is near the station he works, near the Hospital Jiang Yanli works and the only thing they need to do is transfer Jin Ling to the nearest school, when everything had been finalised they all decided it was time to move.

The next few days is a little hassle all the moving of furniture and repainting the walls specially dealing with Wei Wuxian and his picky weird ass taste, they argued for a lot for the color and arrangement of the living room. The good part is that they are all having fun, he could feel that they are starting to slowly cope and move on.

After working the entire morning it was late in the afternoon when Jiang Cheng took the box of used paint and rolls into the storage room located on the second floor. Once he entered the small room he dumped the paints and brushes, then the lights flicked off and on, reaching out he twisted the bulb slotting it in place however he noticed a small knob on the ceiling.

What the fuck?

Jiang Cheng stared at it for a moment before he heard Jiang Yanli's voice

"A-Cheng can you please come down"

Jiang Cheng paused for a moment and frowned, hearing Jiang Yanli's voice calling him the second time around he finally responded.

"Just a minute Sis!" he called back before reaching out for the knob, he pulled it down winching at the creaking noise it made was shocked to see a ladder cascaded down.

There is an attic?! They were not informed about this at all.

He hesitated for a moment, but better to check first and make sure its safe. Places like these are very suspicious and his instincts tells him to check on it, its not everyday you see an attic which the dealer forgot to mention to them. He pulled out his phone turning the flashlight on he climb upstairs and pushed away some cobwebs out of his way...

Ugh.

The room is a little large, vacant with one big window that was covered with old curtain, However as he flashed his light around the room it wasn't that vacant at all.