The Unexpected Crossover

Jiang Cheng woke up with a start. The first thing he noticed was that he was lying on a hard surface. He clearly recalled that he fell asleep in the bed once fatigue hit him. Groaning, he slowly sat up and finally realized that he was back in his attic.

"Jiang Cheng! Are you alright?"

Wei Wuxian’s head popped out from the door, and he immediately climbed up to help him.

"The fuck happened?" Jiang Cheng murmured, rubbing his head, while Wei Wuxian helped him sit up.

"The chapter ended and you returned; are you fine, though?"

"Shit!" Jiang Cheng sighed as he rubbed his head. "This is bad; they’ll think I escaped, and it's going to make me seem more guilty- ow!"

Wei Wuxian raised his hand after he touched Jiang Cheng’s shoulder. "Don’t think about that for a while; let’s patch you up first," he said before helping him up on his feet. "I can’t believe they didn’t even check your wounds! Those assholes!" Wei Wuxian sneered as they both carefully descended the ladder.

A-Cheng, are you alright?" Jiang Yanli is already waiting for them, and she helped Jiang Cheng as well.

"It’s fine, Im not that hurt."

It’s not that he was too injured; well, probably some bruises. Those palm strikes and punches were definitely going to leave a mark. He can still walk, but the two assisted him as if he could not take another step, and every time he tried to say something, Jiang Yanli would only give him a look and it would silence him. He couldn’t say anything against her, so he just allowed them to guide him to his bedroom.

"Remove your robes, A-Cheng and A-Xian, and get me the first aid kit."

Alright," Wei Wuxian said, leaving the room as Jiang Cheng started removing the top portion of his robe, revealing the bruises on his shoulder, chest, and stomach and some small cuts here and there.

Well, damn, that looks bad.

"Shit.. that looks bad," Wei Wuxian commented as he went inside the room and handed the first aid kit to Jiang Yanli as she started to treat him.

"Where is A-Ling?" Jiang Cheng asked.

Asleep," Wei Wuxian replied as he sat down on the bed, looking at Jiang Cheng, before he sighed, Well, what now?"

The siblings remained silent for a while as Jiang Yanli treated his wounds.

"I have to go back," Jiang Cheng replied, and Wei Wuxian sighed before shrugging.

"Well, I expected that answer."

Jiang Yanli looked at him with a small frown, clearly not on board with this idea. "A-Cheng.."

"I’ll be careful, I promise."

"I will allow you to go back as long as you are properly treated here first; until then, you will be staying here."

Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian nodded; of course they could not say no to Jiang Yanli .

Once he was fully treated, he lay down on the bed to rest. He managed to get some sleep—two hours tops—but once he woke up, he was not able to get back to sleep anymore. He was restless and could not stop thinking about what had happened today. Glancing at the book on his bedside table before grabbing it, he started to go through it until the chapter ended, with him passing out in the confines of his room. His gaze shifted towards the ring on his finger, and he recalled how it turned into a weapon while he was there.

Curious, he set the book down and started to inspect the ring. There wasn’t any ounce of spiritual energy in it; it was just a regular ring.

So how did his mother get this? She said it was a family heirloom; it's even strange that she gave the accessory to him instead of her eldest daughter. Sitting up, he slowly walked out of his room and went down the stairs. Looking around the place, he spotted Jiang Yanli.