Beware Of Spoilers

That was the last words Jiang Cheng heard before he found himself standing in front of the mirror back into the attic on his house and staring at his own reflection with wide eyes.

What was that all about? It was so strange.

His thoughts got interrupted when he heard footsteps getting closer and closer, suddenly the door slowly opened revealing Wei Wuxian who is poking his head looking at him with wide eyes as he greeted him.

"Jiang Cheng you are back!"

Jiang Cheng turned around to face him and he frowned “How the hell did you get here so quickly?”

Wei Wuxian climbed up and showed him the book almost shoving it on his face “It updated quite fast if I must say”

Jiang Cheng took the book and gestured for him to come down he only rolled his eyes hearing his brother snicker behind him as he placed the sword on the couch that was beside the mirror before they both descended downstairs. As they passed the corridor he saw Jin Ling looking at him with his big wide eyes a little confused.

“What are you wearing Jiujiu?” he pointed.

“Uh this..” Jiang Cheng looked down at his clothes, the robes that Lan Xichen provided, he is still wearing it.

“That’s cosplay A-Ling! Does your Jiujiu looks great?” Wei Wuxian replied to their nephew and chuckled as they headed towards the living room.

“It looks awesome!” Jin Ling followed them still looking at Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng pat his head gently before looking around “Where is your A-Niang?”

“She went out to buy onions and lemons because Shijiu forgot to buy one!” Jin Ling gave Wei Wuxian a small huff.

“That’s mean, don’t accuse your Shijiu like that! He just forgot!” he chuckled before turning to face Jiang Cheng. “Now, now A-Cheng there are more important things to worry about right now than onions and lemons” He took the book from Jiang Cheng and waved it in front of him and proceeded to drag him to the couch.

“So you are the target now?” Wei Wuxian sat down and made a small humming noise stroking his imaginary beard. “little bro you really fucked up that book big time”

“It was not my intention and why would they even look for me?!” Jiang Cheng sighed throwing his hands in the air and proceeded to shake his head.

Wei Wuxian scooted closer to him “Thats the thing we need to know!, are you coming back though?”

“I dont know.. Im not sure” Jiang Cheng murmured, part of him knows it’s dangerous, pointless even. He is a cop and he could sense the danger and risk on keeping himself involve in a world they had no fucking clue about. He shouldn't get involved with it in the first place, However part of him wanted to go back.. Back to Lan Xichen--

“Someone’s waiting for you” Wei Wuxian smirked and flipped the book open showing him an illustration of Lan Xichen reaching out to his disappearing form.

Jiang Cheng’s eyes widened and he snatched the book from him and stared intensely into it. “Why is it there?!”

“I dunno.. Maybe you know on picture books where they draw important scenes” Wei Wuxian shrugged “But honestly I was so surprised, this book doesn’t have any photos before and now this suddenly just appeared out of nowhere”

“That’s strange... But Why is this important?” Jiang Cheng blinked still looking at the page and Wei Wuxian raised a brow shaking his head in slight disbelief.

“This is why you are still single! Obviously he likes you! Jiang Cheng this is a main character and love interest scene!”

"What?!" Jiang Cheng snorted at that and shook his head “No, he isnt, stop reading too much of the situation. He is going to end up with Meng Yao!” he sighed and suddenly paused for a moment replaying their last encounter he looked at Wei Wuxian . “Does he?”

“Who knows.. Maybe if you go back you will know” Wei Wuxian gave him a small nudge.

“Shut up! You wanted me to go there for your sick entertainment!”

“Such accusations! I’m hurt!”

They both paused when they heard the front door open and Jiang Yanli arrived with their groceries.

“A-Niang!” Jin Ling ran past them hugging Jiang Yanli’s leg. The two brothers went to greet her before helping her with the bags she bought.

“A-Ling hello dear, let A-Niang walk okay? Here I have some hotdog sandwich for you” Jiang Yanli handed her son a small paper bag and the child took off immediately excited to open his food. She looked up and saw her brothers taking the bags from her but she raised a curious brow when she saw Jiang Cheng “A-Cheng you seemed to like wearing those type of clothes recently isnt it hot? Did you find a new hobby?” she smiled and Jiang Cheng realized that he hadn’t changed his robes yet.

“Ah.. This” Jiang Cheng glanced at Wei Wuxian as they made their way to the kitchen, having a silent communication if they should inform her about the whole world traveling Jiang Cheng is doing, would she even believe them?

“Jie we need to tell you something”
Jiang Cheng said as they placed the groceries on the counter.

Wei Wuxian’s eyes widened as he elbowed him and whispered. “Why are you telling her?!”

Jiang Cheng hissed and leaned closer to whisper back at him “She needs to know!”

“She would freak out!”

“I don’t want to lie—”

“Whats happening?” Jiang Yanli asked concerned lacing her voice as she approached them but there was also a firm look in her eyes which they knew they would be screwed if they didn't say anything soon.

Wei Wuxian sighed and shook his head guiding Jiang Yanli back to the living room where Jiang Cheng followed after them. “This is quite long and sounds ridiculous but I don’t know if you will believe us”