Unlocking A New Character

Once they arrived at the town they hovered at the sky and Jiang Cheng gasped seeing the view from below. It was a small village but it was rich with agricultural landscape, he could see a small pond and the houses where he usually see only on the TV shows are tourist spots are really beautiful.

“Definitely looks better than in TV” he murmured.

“What is a TV?” Lan Xichen quip behind him.

“You are not gonna make me explain this aren’t you?” Jiang Cheng huffed, shoulder slumped looking at him with a small frown.

Lan Xichen laughed at seeing his expression and hummed. “Hmm.. But Officer Jiang tells me a lot of very entertaining stories. I find myself enjoying it” they slowly descended to the ground and Lan XiChen helped Jiang Cheng hoped off the sword before following him taking shoyue back to it’s sheathe they started to walk towards the village.

“You are the very first person who said that to me, I’m not even attempting to humour you, I’m actually a very boring person”

“I am not so sure of that, you seemed to be a very passionate person” Lan Xichen looked at him with that usual smile on his face and Jiang Cheng was surprised to hear that, unable to reply so Lan Xichen continued. “We might need to walk for a bit before reaching the village”

“Why didn’t we just went straight there?”

"I don’t want to frighten them, they seemed a little put off with people like us" he sighed looking ahead of the road. "And after what happened last night they might become more cautious" Lan Xichen added and Jiang Cheng nodded in understanding, of course they wouldn’t trust anyone who just suddenly showed up in their place. The two walked in silence observing their surroundings and once they saw the gate from the distance, he also noticrd the small houses and the people immediately looked at their direction when they approached the small gates. He could feel their stares on him and this feeling brought a familiarity to Jiang Cheng  whenever he goes out in patrol or just walking with his uniform on he always get this kind of stare.

"What do we do now?" Jiang Cheng asked and Lan XiChen hummed thoughtfully.

"We ask questions"

"Great.. At least something I could be of help" Jiang Cheng looked around observing the people trying to look for anyone who could help them, it didn’t take a while for him to spot someone. "We should ask that girl" Jiang Cheng pointed at a girl who was spreading some fabric to dry under the sun. "She might give us some interesting information"

Lan Xichen nodded and they slowly approached the young woman. "Hello good Morning" Lan Xichen greeted with a polite tone and a smile, Jiang Cheng couldn’t help but think anyone would trust the man after seeing that expression.

"Hello Young Masters" she made a small bow and smiled back at him "Are you two lost?"

"Oh no, we aren't.. We specifically visited” Lan Xichen  continued carefully “We’ve heard great things about this place and figured we could probably see it ourselves.”

“We heard about what happened last night and we just wanted to ask some questions” Jiang Cheng asked without further ado which made the young lady’s breath hitch. Lan Xichen’s eyes also widened for a bit glancing at Jiang Cheng, surprised at how bold he was on approaching the girl. He was trying to make her comfortable first and Jiang Cheng just immediately... The young woman now looked cautious.

“Last night?” She asked.

“Yeah we heard about it, So we are here to help” he supplied.

“I.. I dont know anything about that” she looked down biting her lower lip clearly avoiding to answer their questions any further.