Matteo

Chapter 5:

Saturday

I ended class today on a high note aka extra work, they get a break tomorrow anyways.

Everyone gets a break on Sunday, I'm grateful for that. Luna still won't let me hear the voicemail, I wonder why though.

It's been almost a whole week, a week. Luna is coming over to meet my dad along with 3 other recruits, I picked that guy from my class. They made me learn his name and I forgot it already.

We're going out to a fancy restaurant, I dress in my black tux with my Rolex and shades. The flashes of paparazzi is really blinding, I walk downstairs.

"Who are we waiting on?," I ask, "Luna," Stef answers. "Why aren't I surprised?," i ask and they shrug, the door opens and reveals Luna in a midnight black and red dress, I think all of our mouths drop.

"I may dress like a bum but I have class," she says walking over to all of us, "close your mouths it's creepy," she says and we snap our mouths closed.

Leguna, our pitbull and Rottweiler mixed dog. She runs over to Luna, she's very unpredictable so I don't know what she might do. "Sit," Luna says with bass in her voice, and surprisingly Guna listens sitting beside her watching us.

"Good girl," she rubs her head and turns to us, "how you gone turn our dog against us?," Jules asks, "I just did," she says with sass in her voice.

"I was actually a vet, before I came here," she brags and I roll my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me?," she says, "that's bullshit," I say honestly.

"Isn't that what you said to me when we first met," she points out and I'm just realizing that. "You pulled the rolling your eyes card you have no game," Alfie says.

"Your 14 and that was so long ago," the limo pulls up, "it was a week ago," she says. "Whatever," I open the door for her and all of my brothers end up getting in while I hold the door.

Stef is at the door with Jules beside him and Alfie on the end, I'm on the other side of Gio who's beside Luna at the door. Make sense?

They dive into a conversation about some geeky shit, I think astronomy, don't ask me. "We're here," the driver asks shortly, "So Luna who are you walking with?," Stef asks, "umm well you all are to young I don't want Pepe to think I'm a child groomer," she says and we laugh.

"So only you to are left," she says pointing to Gio and I, "Pick," Gio says rushing her, "well both of you," she instantly says. I get out first and she hooks arms with me and Gio, flashes go off and bodyguards start surrounding us.

We walk in and see my parents and the other 3 recruits already seated, Blondie is here. "Who Let Blondie in?," I ask quietly, "she was the only good one in my class this week and y'all kind of put me on the spot," Stef says.

"You know Luna almost killed the girl right?," I ask smiling at the cameras. We walk in and Luna sits beside me with Gio on the other side.

"So you must be Luna," my dad says with a serious face, "yes sir," she says and I've never heard her say anything respectful before it lowkey turned me on.

Shut your horny ass up Matteo.

"Please call me Marco," he says extending out his hand for her to shake, "and I'm Andrea," my mom says and shakes her hand also. "Lovely to meet you both," she says smiling.

God her smile could light up the world.

What are you saying shut up.

"So Luna heard your good at all 3 skills," my dad says more of a statement though. "Yea," she answers before ordering a water. "So tell me how'd you inquire them?," he asks.

"Well I was in MMA till I was 19, then my dad and I used to go hunting,and knives came to me naturally," she says sounding proud as always.

"Well it's hard to be naturally good with knives," he says his voice softening with each word.

"Yea, I've heard," she answers, my dad and her are deep in conversation. Tony is talking to my mom and the kids are in a conversation.

"So Teo What's your specialty?," she asks facing me, she looks directly in my eyes and I can feel my cheeks hot.

Are you fucking blushing?

"Umm well I do a little of everything, my main specialty is knives," I answer, almost tripping over my words. She looks into my eyes like she's thinking, I swear I'm still blushing.

"Are you blushing?," one of brothers asks, my cheeks heat up more from getting called out on it. "Whatever," I mumble and grab my glass of water, and take a big gulp to the point where I choke.

"Dude chill," Gio says, "he's choking how do you chill?," Luna asks concerned. I eventually stop and take a little sip to soothe my throat.

"So Luna, where are you from?," my dad asks, "I'm originally from Britain I moved to Italy when I was 6 with my mom and step dad," she explains and they nod.

"How are the recruits so far?," he asks more to his sons, "there ok I guess some are clumsier than other and others are a hassle aka Luna," I say.

She scoffs, "I'm not a hassle," she argues, I roll my eyes and pull out my phone.

"So Luna I see my sons have a liking to you, you must be something," my mom says, "not to toot my own horn but," she shrugs. "So Lexi who do you have this week?," my dad asks, "I have Gio this week," she says fixing her posture.

"Same," Luna says glaring at Gio, we pick who we want for the week. "Cool," Lexi says pure hatred in her voice all of our eyes widen, Luna clears her throat and excuses herself.

I follow behind her, "you ok?," I ask and she nods. "She just knows how to get under my skin sometimes," she says, "yea but you gotta ignore it," I explain and she agrees.

She does something unexpected and hugs me, I hug her back. "Thank you your a great friend," she says and i tense a bit.

Friends.

—-
1082 words

~IYELLALOT