Matteo

Chapter 15:

1 month complete.

It's been a full month since the recruits first started, and a week since Marcus started staying in Italy. He sleeps in the guest room at the other end of the hall, we have the same diet, same workout routine but in a different order.

I haven't seen Luna in a little while, I might go check on her. I slip on my choices and head for the door, "where you going?," Marcus asks standing behind me, uht oh.

"To see Luna," I say trying to run and he shoots at me all the way to Luna's door, "I call truce," I say out of breathe at her door. We both bought ordered orbeez spit ball guns and they may be small but they hurt like a bitch.

I knock and after a little a guy opens the door, one I've never seen before. I straighten my posture a bit, "who the hell are you?," I ask.

"I'm Jack, who are you?," he asks back, "I'm Matteo and this is Marcus," I introduce us. "Luna there's someone at the door for you," he shouts never taking his eyes off us.

She walks out of her room still putting lipgloss on, she has a white crop top on with a nasa navy blue jacket, with cuffed denim skinny jeans, and some white adidas, her hair is curled at the end and she has on no makeup except mascara and lipgloss.

"Oh hey," she says in her mirror trying to put her earrings in, she eventually gets them in and I clear my throat. "Oh yea Jack this is Matteo my boss, and his brother Marcus, guys this is my cousin Jack," she introduces.

We're back on the professional level.

"Nice to meet you," I say unamused, he holds out his hand and I shake it firmly. Marcus does the same gesture as me but not as hard, "What brings you to my humble abode?," she asks.

"Just wanted to know what you were doing today, but I see your busy," I say, "oh no your good Jack was just about to leave, I had to sign some documents about the business apparently I can't give him my 50% so I have to be included," she explains and I nod.

About 5 minutes later Jack leaves and so do we with Luna, we walk into the kitchen and all my brothers are there. "Sup Marcus," Gio says dapping him up, Stef and him do there handshake that they made, Julie and him fist bump and him and Alfie hug, Alfies a big hugger.

We all sit down beside each other, "so is Luna like our long lost cousin or some shit cause I'm confused," Marcus says, "if we were there would be some serious incest," Alfie says.

"Yea, she's my girl-," I stop myself and look at Luna who's looking at me waiting for me to finish, "she's my girl who's a not a friend but we're not dating yet," I explain and feel accomplished.

"Yea what he said, it's complicated," she says and I nod, "we're going on a date tonight," I announce to everyone including Luna who had no clue what was happening.

"Remember the last time you guys went on a date," Gio says and I roll my eyes. "Yea yea Well we're leaving in an hour, and we won't be back til tomorrow," I explain and they nod.

"Why didn't I know about this like yesterday, I can't pack in a hour," she starts freaking out, "I had a maid already pack for you," i explains calmly and she calms down a bit.

"Thank you I guess," she says composing herself, "now do you wanna change for the flight?," I ask and she nods walking upstairs.

"Your gonna do it aren't you?," Gio asks, "do what?," I ask sarcastically. "Ask her out," he responds, "I don't know what your talking about," I state and walk upstairs.

—-
5 hours later.

We have landed on the island, yea we own an island.

Luna stands on the balcony in her flowy white dress, the wind slightly blowing it to the left. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist.

She leans back into my grasps and I put my chin on her head not before kissing her hair, she used my shampoo and conditioner. "When do we leave?," she ask, "in roughly 45 minutes," i say and she freaks.

1 hour later.

We get onto the boat and the chefs prepared a meal of seafood for us, crab, lobster, shrimp, oysters, and fish. You name it we got it.

"So Luna tell me your dreams from when you were younger what did you wanna do?," I ask her taking a sip of my water. "Well since my dad died my mom has never really been there for me, so I knew I always wanted to be apart of something, I could join the police force cause of my dad's criminal record, I can't cook so no bakery or something like that, and I also wanted to put my talents to use, I heard about the recruit thing through a family friend who's in the mafia already," she explains and I process every word.

"Have you ever thought about if you didn't join?," I ask her suddenly, "yea I would have probably been in jail for killing my mom, I wouldn't have met you or your crazy family, and your adorable daughter, in the end I'm in a happy place in my life where I don't have to worry about anything as this particular moment, it feels good to be free and away from everyone that caused me some kind of pain," she says and sips her wine, "yea," is all I can say agreeing with her.

"So have you thought about us?," I ask, "yea I made a list of pros and cons," she says and I smile, "what's winning?," I ask jokingly. "Well pros," she explains and I nod for her to continue.

"What are those?," I also ask, "Well your personality, your eyes, your go get it attitude, and cause your drop dead gorgeous," she says and I laugh. "Those are just a few," she explains and I nod.

We finished dinner and it's finally time to pop the question, I grab her hands in mine. "Luna, I like you a lot and I've been thinking for a while and I don't know if your ready for the next step in this situationship but I am and hopefully you are also, Luna Baytops will you be my girlfriend?," I ask.

"Yes," was all she could get out before my lips were on hers.

1123 words

~IYELLALOT