Matteo

Chapter 26:

2 months later.

Life's been chill no surprises, chaos, or fighting. It's a little to chill, I stare at my beautiful girlfriend while she gets ready for the day.

"What are we doing for our 5 month anniversary?," she asks putting her diamond earrings on I got her for our 3 month anniversary.

"I didn't have anything planned," I say honestly, "good I feel like you always plan the dates and I think it's my turn," she says confidently.

"Ok," I agree instantly.

"Great, what are we doing today?," she asks, "I don't know," I explain. "You ok? You seem distracted," she asks, "yea just thinking," I say looking at her smiling.

She comes over and pecks my lips, "I love you," she says, "I love you too," I reply back.

She goes into the bathroom, she comes back out with a box, "happy birthday," she says and it snap me out of my haze.

"Thanks," I say smiling at her, I open the box and see a ring, I investigate it looking closely also. It was a stainless steel ring with our initials engraved into the inside.

"I love it, thank you," I slip it on my finger and it fit perfectly, "how'd you know my ring size?," I ask genuinely curious.

"Well I may or may not have went to your jeweler and asked for that information," she says, "how'd you get it?," I ask, "I told him we were married, he wouldn't hand it over any other way," I chuckle a bit.

Pretty soon she won't have to lie about it.

"Thanks again," she smiles, to be honest I've been wanting to do this for a minute now I just never built up the courage, we've only been dating for like 5 months.

"You seem distant," she says snapping me into reality, "just thinking," I say and she nods. "Training started 2 minutes ago we're late," she says, "we're having a party and announcing the recruits," i say.

"I know but your hosting it," she reminds me, I stand up in my tux and straighten my bow tie, "no I'm attending my families hosting," I speak matter-of-factly.

She rolls her eyes, she walks over to me and sits beside me grabbing her heels from the foot of the bed. She slips them on and it completes her outfit and she's honestly breathtaking.

"You look beautiful amore," I say and she smiles, "thank you," she kisses me again and I don't feel like pulling away so I try and deepen the kiss but she pulls away.

"We gotta go like now," she says and I nod agreeing, I stand up and check myself in the mirror once more before exiting the room.

Luna follows behind me making sure to stay close, as we head to the front yard. We walk out and see people dressed up, holding drinks, and talking none the less.

Luna goes to find someone while I search for my family, I spot Marcus and walk over to him. "Good to see you brother," I say hugging him and he returns the favor.

Lexi comes over, I'm surprised I remember her name. "Hey Matteo, Marcus," she greets both of us, "hey Blondie," Marcus says.

"Loving the nicknames, I feel we've all become pretty close," she says and I suppress my laugh by covering my mouth with my hand.

"So Matteo what are you doing tonight?," she focuses her attention on me, "having dinner with my girlfriend," I say, "I didn't know you to weee official, I thought it was just a friends with benefits," she expresses.

"Well we've been dating for 5 months," I say, "5 months isn't that long, I could steal you in 2 seconds if I really wanted to," she gloats, one second she's standing there perfectly fine the next Luna has a fist full of her hair from the back exposing her neck.

"I could pull my blade out in 2 seconds and kill you," Luna says I'm a dangerous tone, even I take a step back. "Now I'm gonna assume you want to live and free you," she untangles her hands from her hair.

Lexi coughs a little before going back to her annoying self, "when you get tired of the dangerous guard dog, come find me," she whispers low enough so only I can hear.

She walks away and Luna tries to lung at her, but I grab her waist restricting her from doing anything harmful.

"Let me slit her throat already," she says, "no," I state forcefully, I don't care about Lexi right now, I care about the scene she would cause.

"Luna just try and control til this is over with," there had to be at-least 300 people in our front yard right now and I didn't need that kind of commotion.

After the whole party thing, Luna and I headed back to my room, "I can't believe Lexi is officially apart of your Mafia and I'm not, I have way more talent than her and she got chosen over me," she starts rambling.

She takes off her dress while rambling, she puts on another while rambling about how she didn't get picked.

If only she knew what was coming.

"I'm driving to the destination," she says and I nod, "baby you didn't get picked for a reason," I explain not giving much detail.

"Why?," she asks, and I keep quiet. "It doesn't matter right now," she mumbles obviously frustrated.

After I change and she touches up her 'makeup', we get in my Porsche, I guess I'll let Luna drive.

We reach there in a whopping 10 minutes, we arrive at il palazzo rosso the best Italian place here. We walk in and sit down before engaging in small talk.

"What are your plans for the future?," she asks, "well I wanna have another kid, preferably a boy, but either it is fine, I want to have a loving family and a wife that makes me feel like I don't have to all tough all the time and actually see me for me and not for an attractive Italian mafia man, I want a wife who I can spoil and is very chill but If she needs to be she can get shut going in a matter of seconds, I want somebody who will run the mafia with me, and go home with me at night and just me and our family," I say looking straight into her eyes.

"Wow," is all she says taking it all in, our plates arrive and we eat in silence.

After dinner was up, she takes a napkin to her mouth wiping the corners and lips. I "drop" my phone on accident and get down on one knee to get it.

She looks puzzled until I pull out the box.

"Luna, I have loved you since I laid eyes on you and I've always been scared to admit it, but once I finally did it was like 100 pounds lifted off of me, I still had 100 to go and as I'm doing this I feel it coming off, Luna you have been there for me since we met in that hallway when you hit your head, I could never ask for anyone else other than you to be in my life, I can feel it when I say your my soulmate, so please don't break my heart in for the of like 30 people, Luna Noel Baytop will you marry me?,"

"Yes," was all I needed to hear to almost cry of joy, I slip the ring on her finger and kiss her.

"I love you,"

"I love you too," she says.

And that's when I knew that person right there was my forever.

—-
Words: 1300

Final chapter next is the epilogue.

~IYELLALOT