Matteo/Luna

Chapter 17:

There's a POV change in this chapter cause I forgot who's POV it was.

Aubri is currently teething like crazy at just 11 months, but I think that's normal. She stays up all night crying and she won't stop unless she's chewing on something.

Luna gives Aubri her teething ring and she stops crying, "did you find the perfect dress?," I ask her again and she nods, sighing again. The galas tonight and my mom and dad aren't attending so there watching Aubri tonight.

"Yes, and did you find the tux to match like you said you wanted to?," she fired back like every time I ask, "yes I did, and I can't wait for Marcus to get introduced, there gonna be like what," I say and she laughs at my childish antics.

"Marcus is only here for like 2 more weeks right?," she asks and my mood dampens a bit, "yea," I choke out. "Why don't you ask him to stay longer?," she asks, "he misses his family so much, like i know he enjoys being here but he didn't grow up here, my mom and dad aren't his we have the same face but not the same life, he really misses them you should see the way his face lights up when they call," I say and she nods.

She comes over and I put Aubri on her playpin and then pull Luna into my lap, "hi," I say smiling. "Hey," she responds and I love the way it rolls off her tongue.

"You excited?," I ask and she shrugs, "Whats wrong?," I ask, "what if a recruits there and sees us hell will literally break through the seems," she says and I completely understand.

"I don't care what they think as long as I have you," I answer honestly and she smiles. "Alfie, Stef, and Jules are gonna watch Aubri while we're gone, you can't attend it your under 18 unfortunately," he says and I nod.

The night of the Gala

Luna's POV:

I put on my navy blue dress and slip on my heels to match, I walk downstairs and see everyone dressed to the T. "I feel as if we're always waiting on Luna," Gio says and Matteo stares at me in complete awe.

"Let's go," I say grabbing Matteo's hand, "You look beautiful," he breathes out and I get this unknown feeling in my stomach.

"Thank you," was all I could say.

We get to the gala and the setup is beautiful, Gio said it's the Spanish Mafia's mansion and they let us borrow it for tonight. There are some parts that are off limits and that's expected.

We walk in and everyone's talking and there some light music in the room, was soon as we make it in deep enough a server comes in with champagne which we gracefully takes.

"Is that Matteo?," some guy asks with an Italian accent, "Oliver long time no see," he says hugging him. I stand there awkwardly while they talk, "and who is this?," Oliver asks looking at me while I look at him dead in the eyes with a light smile on my face.

He's first to break contact, Jesus I love it. "This is Ellie, my girlfriend," he introduces. "Oliver," I extend my hand for him to shake and he kisses it, I glance at Matteo and see him rolling his eyes.

"You got a true beauty Matteo, mind if I take her for a dance?," he asks, "Don't push it," Matteo scowls. "I was kidding, I kid," he defends knowing he was so serious.

"We both know you weren't kidding," I say, "Are you trying to get me killed?," he asks and we all laugh. A slow song comes on, Matteo extends his hand, "may I have this dance Amore?," he asks and I nod silently giggling in my head.

I take his hand and he pulls me onto the dance floor, "so my old high school is having there prom and I completely forgot I volunteered to chaperone once I was of age, and they sent me an email, saying I'm volunteering tomorrow, so I'll probably drive there at like 4 and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me," i say leaning into his chest.

"Yea, but there will be security don't worry they will be hidden," he assures me and I nod.

After our dance I walk over to the bar, I ask the bar tender for sex on the beach. "Fine choice in drinking," I guy says, "thank you," was my only reply.

"So how many drinks would it take me to get you in my bed tonight?," he asks leaning over a bit, "I have a boyfriend," I say. "I don't care about him," he scoots a seat closer.

"Well quite frankly I do so scoot any closer and I won't hesitate to shoot your balls off," the bartender brings over my drink. I sip it slowly while that stranger keeps trying to get in my pants.

"I don't care who your boyfriend is-," he gets cut off by the voice of my boyfriend. "Hmm I expected more from your Carlito," he says and the stranger know as Carlito snaps his head around almost falling out of his seat due to the shock.

"Finish your sentence I would love to hear how you don't care about me," he encourages but the look on Carlitos face says it all. "I-I'm sorry b-boss I didn't know s-she was your girlfriend," he jumbles some of his words.

"Get lost before I blow another one into your leg," Carlito scurries away without another word and Marcus comes over. "I'm so tired of everyone calling me Matteo," he plops into the seat, "Well they've only met me, I'll introduce you in like 20 minutes I need a shot first, Avery can I get a shot of whiskey," he says and the bartender nods.

"I need to go to the bathroom to freshen up," I say and they both nod, "the bathroom Like down the hall to the left and there another hallway and it's one of those doors it's the maids bathroom so just knock on a door and someone should tell you," Matteo says and I walk away.

I walk upstairs and enter the hallway, I knock on the door and a girl with red hair opens it and stairs. "Who is it?," a guy asks in the room, "umm uhh I don't know," she says quickly.

"I'm looking for the bathroom," I say, "show her where it is!," he yells and she flinches. "Right this way," I follow behind her, "Luna you gotta help me," she says and I'm so confused.

We walk into the bathroom and she closes the door, she takes off her red wig and prosthetic nose.

Lydia.

1130 words.

~IYELLALOT