Luna

Chapter 10:

Today was my stepdads funeral only reason I'm attending is because his side of the family thinks we were the perfect family. LIESS.

I put on my black dress with a flow bottom and a little of the back showing, it's cute and funeral appropriate.

I hop in my Range Rover and drive about a hour to the venue, let me make myself cry.

At this point it looks like I've been crying all night and day, I walk in and everyone looks at me with pity.

I sit beside my mom who looks to be half drunk and half FAKE sad, "did you really have to show up looking like a slut? It's a funeral for christs sake," she says whispering.

"Whatever let's just get this over with," I say and it starts.

2 hours later.

They just finished burying him and my mom what's to get ahold of his will asap. We take 2 different cars obviously and we both arrive at the lawyers at the same time.

We walk in and it seems My mom had already made an appointment, we ride the elevator I'm total silence.

We arrive at Mr. Carls office in no time and step off the elevator. We go into the meeting room and sit. We waited about 7 minutes before we came, "Hello I'm Mr. Carls, I was Mr. Mc'Cassie's lawyer, sorry for your lost," he says.

"Thank you today as been a train wreck," my mom sobs and I almost laugh, I bite my lip to hold it in.

"So this is his will, it says here he gave 60.5 million dollars to his step daughter Luna," he says and my eyes widen so do my moms, "and hat about me," she fixes her posture.

"He left you a letter," is all he says and my mom fumes, "let me see," she says through gritted teeth.

"He also left you a letter," he says and hands me an envelope.

I open it and start reading.

To Luna.

If your reading this that means something tragic has happened to me, firstly I wanted to start with I'm sorry. What I did to your sister was horrendous and I shouldn't have, it was a drunken mistake that I will forever live with the guilt off. I know there is nothing in this world that can take back what I did to her. And I'm also sorry for the emotional abuse I have endured on you, growing up I never had a loving dad so I did t know how to be one, all my dad did was beat me and tear me down. I have left you all my fortunes for what I have done to you, I know no amount of money can make up for what I did and I'm sorry. I truly did love you.

Goodbye.

I sobbed for real and held the letter to my chest looking up trying not to cry more, "you bitch you slept with my husband didn't you that's why he gave you all the money cause your an ungrateful little piece of shit, I did everything I could to make sure you and your bitch of a sister had everything you ever wanted and this is how you repay me by sleeping with my husband," she spat at me.

My sister is where I draw the line.

I stand up and slap her, "Don't you ever talk bad about Lydia ever, your so called husband was the one who drove her to do what she did that's why he left me that money, maybe you would have had something if you would have kept your fucking legs closed and as far as me being an ungrateful piece of shit I was grateful for everything my biological dad did and as far as you giving me everything I wanted, you provided me with a roof over my head til I moved out cause your my mom that's what your supposed to do but looking back on it you were never a mother to me you were just the woman who birthed me the second dad died was the second you stopped being my mother Linda, I hope you suffer and long and miserable life cause I want you out of MY house immediately, and Mr. Carls would you call my cousin and tell him the company is all his and spend his money and time wisely," I say before walking out.