Matteo

Chapter 20:

I'm awoken out of my sleep by Luna, "what time is it?," I ask, "3:15am," she says fully awake. "Why are you awake?," I ask turning over, "cause your baby momma is passed out drunk on your couch," that wakes me up.

"Ashlyn's here in this house on this couch," I ask sitting up, "yup," she answers checking on Aubri who's beside me.

"Just leave her there til the morning," I answer not knowing what else to do. "You better be up bright and early to wake her," she says going to lay on the other side of Aubri.

7am.

I wake up feeling joyful then I remembered situation on my couch and my mood dampens. I walk downstairs and see her asleep still, I find a blanket in the closet and cover her, I go back upstairs and see Luna still asleep.

I pick Aubri once her bottom lip pokes out indicating she's about to cry, I pick her up and put her on my hip and grab her diaper back. I see her down in her high chair and make her bottle, I take her back out and feed it to her.

While I'm feeding her she ends up falling asleep and she normally doesn't get back up til 9-10.

I see the bathroom door closed when I walk upstairs into my room and see the bed empty. I put Aubri in the bed, Luna walks out in a crop top and some jeans paired with her converses.

I walk into the bathroom after saying good morning to her and do my business. I brush my teeth, get in the shower and put on my clothes which consist of a white polo shirt, my jeans and my white forces.

I ruffle my hair a bit til I like it, I walk out and Luna is on her phone scrolling. "Why can't we just stay in this room til we die?," I ask, she laughs a bit, "cause 1 we have a life and 2 we have an unexpected guest on our couch," she says.

I've noticed she's more happy Since we got Lydia back, we got her back 2 days ago. Lydia decided she wanted to go to America for a bit, we couldn't stop her she's returning tomorrow.

"Yea about her, let's go," we walk downstairs and see Ashlyn awake looking behind her as we come in. "What is the meaning of this Ashlyn?," I ask, "I want Aubri back, I got back on my feet, I've drunken less more and I got an apartment," she says and Luna scoffs.

"Excuse me who are you?," she asks venom lacing her voice, "Luna," Luna answers. "I'm trying to have a very important conversation can you go somewhere maybe back to the corner where you came from, you look like a hooker," she says and that's the same Ashlyn I know and hate.

"1. Not a hooker, 2. She's my girlfriend, and 3. Anything you wanna say you can say it in front of her," I answer and she huffs, "look at that is she Aubris mom now?," she asks in a sarcastic tone.

"She's been there more than you," I say getting upset, "well I'm ready to actually try now," she answers. As on que Aubri starts crying, "I'll get her," Luna says excusing herself.

"I don't want her around our baby," she says, "if I remember you dropped her off on my doorstep with a signed document stating Aubri is in my full custody and I don't have to let you see her til I want to or she's 18," I state the obvious.

"You can't keep my daughter from me," she yells, I hear footsteps and see Aubri looking at Ashlyn and i while on Luna's hip. "Did you change her diaper?," she asks, "I totally forgot but her diaper bags in the kitchen," I answer not leaving eye contact with Ashlyn.

"I want joint custody," she spits at me, "you can see her occasionally and I will decide if we can have joint custody, I will let you know when you can see her but only here," I say and she looks deflated.

"I wanna see her now," she insists, "she's getting her diaper changed chill," I say annoyed with her already. Luna walks in with Aubri clung to her side, she tries to hand her off but she clings tighter.

She finally manages to get her off and hands her to Ashlyn, and when she cries it's loud as hell. She closes and encloses her hands in the direction of Luna.

"MaMa."

We all freeze and Ashlyn seems genuinely sad but doesn't wanna show it.

She cries harder when Luna doesn't take her back, Luna walks over and picks her up and Aubri clings onto her once again.

"I should go I'm obviously not wanted right now, but know you'll hear from my lawyers," she says before strutting out.

"How is it only 7:50am and we've already gone through this will we ever catch a break," I sigh and she hums agreeing.

"I'm so fucking tired," she says putting Aubri on the couch while she plays with her toy. "So Aubris first word was MaMa," I say and she nods looking completely zoned out.

"I'm gonna go get Aubri ready for the day," I say and she nods still being still, looking deep in thought.

I walk upstairs with Aubri and go in my top drawer, I find a onesie with some shorts. I put on her little headband and shoes to match her outfit, I walk downstairs and Luna is gone.

I try calling her no answer, she was acting weird earlier. I thought it was cause Aubri called her momma, what if it was something different that I didn't think about.

We slept together, then my brother has his child, she's good, Ashlyn comes, she was irritated but was still normal, Aubri called her mama everything went downhill.

If she felt something about it, she could have talked to me right?

Maybe cause her sisters coming back tomorrow.

1021 words

~IYELLALOT