Chapter 32

Evelyn's POV

"Wow..." To say I was shocked would be an understandment.

"You like it?" Shane questioned rubbing the back of his neck, nervously.

"Ofcourse I do! I can't believe it! You did all this?"

"Yes, for you" he said, grinning widely.

I was speechless. It was like I was running out of words. In front of me was a beautiful tree that had been decorated with lights all over it and beneath, there was a blanket placed with comfortable looking pillows on it. As if it was any less, there was a river flowing right beside making the scenery ten times more beautiful.

In matter of seconds, I felt myself lifted off the ground as Shane threw me over his shoulder by directing his way towards the blanket.

"Put me down Shane..." I whined as I continued to hit his back.

"Why? I'm actually having a nice view" he replied, slapping my ass.

"Hey!" I yelled.

"Alright fine, but while I got you up here... I need some answers!" He said, getting all serious.

"About?" I questioned getting all cautious.

He slowly put me down on the blanket, placing a quick kiss on my cheek before taking a seat beside me.

"You missy got to tell me what happened when you went to Xander's pack?" He said teasingly, but I knew where he was taking this.

"Shane, we are here on a date? Anyways, about that I would just like to assure you that there was nothing going on between Cole and I...and I promise you that! Yes, at first when I saw him...something clicked," I felt him stiffen as those last words left my mouth. However, I continued on.

"But I just happened to discover that Bran and I had a sister, Emily. She was Cole's mate and she was given to some couple in their pack who couldn't have babies due to the beta lineage continuation..." By this time I was sure tears were streaming down my face.

"Hey...I'm sorry baby..." I felt Shane pulling me into a warm embrace as he rubbed my back whispering soothing words. Damn, he really can calm my emotions.

"Don't be. I totally understand, but that was it" I finally got myself together throwing him a genuine smile. I had no intentions to get anything to ruin this perfect evening.

"You know why I brought you here, Eve?" He questioned as he stared at the most beautiful and I must say, unique looking flower that was present in all it's glory.

Shane's POV

I continued to stare at that flower refreshing the old memories from when I was little.

Also that I thought it's about time, Evelyn needs to know how much this place means to me.

"You see that flower there?" I pointed at the beautiful flower. Though the irony of it, so beautiful yet so fatal.

"It's beautiful..." She whispered, but the confusion interlaced in her voice didn't go unnoticed.

Releasing a humorous laugh I continued, "Evelyn Welsh, I love you with all my heart and that is the reason to why I'll finally open up to you, baby. I have nothing to hide from you after I say this," I saw her cheeks turning light shade of pink as I continued.

"My mother, Luna of this pack, was
actually named... Anahita. She was considered as one of the many daughters of the moon goddess. However, when my brother and I were little, she always used to bring us here to play because the river would bring her peace and the serene feeling...since she represents the flow and purity of it" I threw Evelyn a quick glance only to see her processing my every word with interest. God, how much I love her.

"I was four when I got attracted to that flower. It's the flower of the goddess so we, being werewolf's can't disrespect it by plucking it. However, being a stubborn and four year old kid I didn't quiet understand that...and I made my mom bring it for me. As her punishment - she was taken away from us..." I couldn't help, but felt myself losing strength as I let a tear slip from my eye. This date is by far from as I expected it to be, but I just want her to make her choice. If she hates me after this she has a choice to leave...

"Shane you don't have t-"

"I want to. So then my brother blamed me for her absence from our lives and he was totally right, but my father left him two choices. Either to never mention it again since I was only four...or leave the pack forever. We all know which one he chose..." I signed heavily. It's all my fault. I knew she'll leave me just like my brother did. I just know it. After all, I'm the one to be blamed for all this.
--------------------******-------------------
A/N: No, of course not! This isn't how they spent their entire date! If you haven't figured already, this was just a glimpse of chapter 32~
It'll be continued in the next update~