Chapter 11

Evelyn's POV

I was awaken by my bed bouncing up and down. What the heck? Ughh... who the heck is here to destroy my beautiful relationship with my bed?

I lazily opened my eyes only to find little Paise jumping over my bed giggling. A smile automatically crept it's way over my face.

"Evee juurr awakee" she exclaimed.

"Yes baby girl" I responded, yawning before pulling her in for a hug.

She still continued to giggle which got me confused. I soon followed her gaze to the doorframe where I was saw Cole leaning against it with a cheeky smile plastered on his face, hands crossed over his chest. Damn he was so gorgeous.

My wolf growled at the thought of me calling him gorgeous, but I could care less at the moment. However, my thoughts got me to blush. He simply chuckled, I wonder if he feels what I feel...

I don't even know why I feel what I feel towards him. It's a very weird like complicated sort of connection and it doesn't make sense considering the fact that Shane is my mate.

"Eve, me and Paise are here to let you know that it's dinner time and if you don't come downstairs we can have you eat yours here?" he offered. I never had someone caring for me to this extent after my parents passed away.

"It's alright Cole" I said smiling.

"I can eat downstairs with everyone. That way I can even meet new people" I exclaimed.

The biggest grin spread across his gorgeous face. It only made me happy.

"Oh lord, people will love it. Trust me"

"I know Cole, thankyou though" I blushed again ugh!

"Paise, let's go let Eve get ready now and Eve?" he stated now looking sort of serious.

"Yes?" I questioned, shyly.

"I need to talk to you about something, but we can discuss that after dinner if you don't mind ofcourse?" oh no, what is this going to be about?

"Oh uh.. sure" I wonder what he wanted to talk about... oh lord, what if he heard my thoughts or hates me or doesn't want me here? Nah, then he wouldn't be nice to me. I was just overthinking about this, but if it's about the connection I feel then I have no answers to that. However, I really hope he does... maybe, only maybe... what if he was something more than just a beta of ShadowLight ugh leave that aside. What if he was my second chance mate? Is that even possible? No, no those were mostly myths, but most significantly I didn't even accept Shane's rejection so there's no way to that.

I don't even know what this is about, but I'll sure soon enough, figure it out. I need to know the meaning behind the connection I feel towards him.

Xander's POV

It's been over a few hours since Evelyn had been pronounced to be a part or ShadowLight. Firstly, when the pack was informed they looked completely thrown back and astonished. Why? well because ShadowLight, we, never allow any rogue to even step closer to our territory after last months incident significantly, but Evelyn was an exception - she was no harm.

Most importantly, since Cole suggested it... it probably held some reason behind it. I noticed him acting strange since the time we came across Eve.

Eve is absolutely beautiful. I couldn't help but check her out at first when I saw her coming dressed from behind the tree. She was drop dead gorgeous. Who would reject such a beautiful mate like her? Anyone would be lucky to have her as their mate. I-

"Alpha," Jace, my third in command addressed as he barged into my room.

"We have a phone call for you..." he stated, with concern in his tendency.

"Whose it?"

It took him a second to answer that before he shifted his gaze to the floor, clenching his jaw in process.

"The Alpha of BlueStone"

What the heck does he want? Wasn't his son enough of a bastard to Eve, but being an Alpha I have some duties that I can't certainly ignore so however, I answered their call.

"Alpha Xander" I sternly spoke. Clenching my hands into tight fists.

"This is Alpha Shane from BlueStone" he responded, his voice filled with authority.

What? Shane's the Alpha? What does he want from us? That son of a bitch.

"Well then, I thought I was speaking to Alpha Jace, but clearly not" I wasn't planning on being one bit nice to this jerk.

"Yes, I'm his son, Shane - now the Alpha of BlueStone. We are missing one of our pack members who actually is my mate so I was wondering if she came upon your territory?" His question got me stunned. So straight forward and determined, but how should I answer him?