Chapter 36

A/N: Yes, real quick update! But I thought I should after making you guys wait for too long!

Enjoy!

~Al

Evelyn's POV

I could hear Bran and Shane mumbling about who knows what, as we walked out of the kitchen. Ash was about to say something, but what - more like whom I saw next made all my disappointment and stress replace with happiness at instant.

"Coleee!!" I screamed. Yes, I was ecstatic. However, not only since he returned, but the little Paise he held in his arms.

"Ewelwnnn" she cutely attempted to pronounce my name correctly, bouncing into my open arms.

As I continued with my conversation with this little angel in my arms, I noticed the admiration in Cole's eyes as we made a quick eye contact. Yet, it didn't feel accurate, but more like awkward. After all, all the attraction I felt earlier was because of my sister no? I averted my eyes right away as I could feel his gaze on my mark. I could feel my face heat up with embarrassment.

"So... I suppose things are going well?" he politely questioned, making me doubt myself. Was I the only one who felt like... this- at the moment- was awkward?

"Cole, I-I..." I whispered, but couldn't answer because Shane growled furiously as he lunged at him.

Paise squirmed in my arms hiding her face in the crook of my neck, holding onto me tighter. This caused my wolf to get more agitated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What was all that about downstairs, Shane?" I asked him, frowning.

"W-what?" he chuckled, nervously wrapping his arms around my waist, bringing me closer to himself.

"You will never act like this in front of Paise! Got it?" I stated, throwing him a pointed look.

He nodded kissing my forehead. Instinctively, my arms wrapped around his neck closing the gap between us. His face lit up with content as he started leaning in for a kiss, but as soon as he was about to kiss, I turned my face.

"What's wrong baby?" He questioned. I could see hurt flash through his eyes.

"How come you didn't tell me about everything before this morning?" I mumbled, scared as to how he reacts. The rage and anger I saw in his eyes this morning made my wolf whimper in gloom. We don't like that sight of our mate.

"Eve," He cupped my face caressing it with his thumbs. "I don't want you worry about anything, baby. I'm your mate and it's my job to protect you and take care of you alright? I won't let anyone lay a hand on you as I promised."

This was all I wanted to be with him and live moments without arguments and fights. I melted at his words, but I would appreciate him sharing his thoughts with me.

"But promise me that you won't hide anything anymore" I stated, returning the same gesture and giving him a quick peck on his cheek in process.

"I promise" and with that he wrapped his arms around my waist securely once again and crashed his lips to mine. As he deepened the kiss, a soft moan escaped my throat. Electricity like power of heat spread through my body. I couldn't help, but lean my head back for a second before taking in his mesmerizing scent, peppering kisses down his jaw to his neck.

He growled in content as I sucked on his neck tightening his grip around my waist, possessively. Suddenly, I was lifted off the ground as he placed one of my legs around his waist, causing me to wrap them around his waist.

"Don't tease me, Evelyn" he growled, leaving wet kisses down my neck and nuzzling his head in between my neck, smelling me. Dog I thought.

'Heard that' he mind linked back. Oopss? Sorry not sorry. I smirked.

One of his hand slid down my shirt tracing patterns on my side. It started making its way higher as I kissed his shoulder gazing my canines on it, leaving sweet love bites, making him groan in pleasure. Right when his hand could go any higher there was knock on my door breaking our moment.

"Ewelwnn are you thwere?" I heard Paise call for me.

Shane growled possessively at first, but his features softened once he heard her voice placing me down gently.

"This isn't over" he mouthed to me making his way to answer the door. I giggled. Woah giggled?