Chapter 15

~Xander's POV~

After making my way out, I started to ponder the affiliation between Cole and Evelyn.

I was awestruck about everything that was going around me. I mean, being the Alpha I need to be void about what's going around in my pack. Especially if condition has something related to my beta.

I knew they won't appreciate me eavesdropping over their conversation, but I didn't appear to have any other preference. However, I agree to Cole's belief. I, myself have accredited the fact that there was some sort of connection between Emily and Evelyn.

After rethinking over their conversation... I think I knew exactly who could answer their questions and resolve their conflicts about the settlements. Without thinking twice, I barge into the room.

They looked astonished at first, but soon relaxation flashed onto their face. However, as realization hit them they both averted their gazes.

"Xander...I...um-" Cole started but I beat him to it.

"Don't give me that. I already know, but all I'll say is... I think I know who can response your questions well" I frankly stated.

I saw Evelyn's eyes going wide at this.

"Really?" she questioned, astounded at my bluntness.

"Yes, come with me, both" with that I walked out of the room directing my way towards my father's room. Being the previous Alpha, he should certainly know what makes them so similar.

They did as I said. As we walked into my father's room, we saw him relaxing peacefully on the couch... reading as usual. He slowly averted his gaze from the book meeting mine.

"Xander" he exclaimed after slightly nodding at Cole then Eve. They both smiled graciously in return. However, the confused idiom on my father's face didn't go unnoticed by me as he saw Evelyn.

"Dad, I- we well have some questions related to Emily and..." I diverted my gaze to Evelyn "her, Evelyn".

"Okay well have a seat" he extended his arm towards the other couch gesturing us to take a seat there. All three of us set there waiting for someone to break the silence. Soon Cole spoke up...

"Sir, I've a few questions related to my mate, Emily" sadness sopping from his voice as he spoke her name, but was soon replaced with no particular emotion.

"As you know what happened um... last month... well so I felt the similar connection with Evelyn and she feels it too, but we are quite confused since she hasn't really accepted her mate's rejection yet... so it's obvious I can't be her second chance mate..." he stated monotonously. Evelyn just nodded as he spoke to show she settled to everything he said.

~Evelyn's POV~

Xander's father... as he spoke it held great authority of course terms of being previous Alpha. Cole told him everything we felt until now. I averted my gaze from Cole to Xander's father, waiting for him to converse.

I slightly inhaled before responding, "Well yes... there is something about Emily that was kept as a secret by me and her parents as her real parents demanded..." Nothing, but honestly laced in his voice.

"Real parents...? Secret...?" Cole asked confused.

The Alpha gave him a tight smile. 

"Yes... real parents. Emily... she wasn't exactly a part of our pack. I wouldn't want to betray them by revealing this to anyone, but since you're her mate and after what happened... I think you deserve to know" he spoke sternly before continuing...

"Emily was given away to the James and Melody cuz they couldn't have kids. Melody used to be depressed and started to detach from her bond with James after her first miscarriage…none of us knew what to do, but soon we received a call from my best friend and the beta of BlueStone Pack giving us news about how his wife has given birth to his beautiful daughter. However, they can’t keep her due to cause of continuing their beta bloodline. In order for them to continue with their beta linage, they needed to have their first son, since female can’t be proposed to be a beta” Wait what? Beta of BlueStone… My father…? I felt my wolf going edgy and tense as those words processed through my mind.    

As the Alpha continued… I felt tears forming in my eyes, blurring my vision. However, I tried my best to hold them in.

“They didn’t want anyone to know about their first daughter and so they agreed on giving her responsibility to Melody, but that would be until Emily would grow up. However, as you know his son is the beta now and Emily passed away too last month. As well as them, when she turned nine even though she was oblivious to the truth that now you know”

That did it. I can’t afford to let all this in. My sister…? Emily..? This explains it… Cole isn’t my mate… he just felt it cuz I as well as Emily have beta blood and this was the way moon goddess wanted me to come across it. However, one question still bothered me… does Bran know this?   

Yes, I was aware of three of their eyes on me with concern. Cole just looked like his heart has been shattered into million pieces once again. I mentally curse fate. I don't know why I've been chosen for all this.