Chapter 16

Evelyn's POV

As I looked at Cole, the depth of sentiment in his eyes left me stunned. I knew this was too hard of a situation for me... I just found out I had a sister... whom I've never encountered. I lost her... just like my parents. It's just me and Bran, once again. However, for Cole it was ten times worst than that.

The connection we felt gave him hope to reduce the grief of pain he felt after losing his mate. Even if he was my mate I really don't know what decision I would've ended up with. I mean, fate has destined me to be with Shane. It has demanded me to love him no matter what.

'You can't change fate. He is ours...I told you so!' My wolf murmured in my mind, disappointed.

I didn't even bother to argue against it cuz it's true. I don't really have any other option then giving him another chance. Sadness overwhelmed me...

"Cole...I'm so sorry..." I sadly whispered, signing heavily. He looked at me with his glossy eyes filled with yet forming tears. However, he managed to throw a slight smile at me.

"It's not your fault Evelyn. I was just too overwhelmed with everything... and- and... I was being selfish. You should give Shane a chance you know, if you want. After all, you can never deny the bond. You are destined to be with him, to-to love him and vise versa" he confronted me with his honest opinion which I was glad for, but I don't think he was being selfish... I mean for awhile I started to tag along with the same emotion that pulled me towards him too. However, I never thought it would turn out to be something like this. Fate is defiantly playing it's own game and once again, I'm pushed back to Shane.

I was running out of words so I just slowly nodded my head assuring him I concurred with his suggestion. Meanwhile, I never realized when Xander and his father walked out leaving us some privacy to consider.

Silence took over the atmosphere in the room nevertheless, it didn't last any longer as Xander knocked back on the door.

I was about to request him for some more time to confront Cole, but his next words left me astonished.

"He is here, Evelyn" he pronounced, looking at me however, it indicated to Cole equally.

My wolf was on alert at instant as Xander's words processed through my mind. She was too overjoyed at the fact of being close again to our mate.

I threw Cole an apologetic look. His jaw clenched as his palms turned to fists before he stiffly nodded. Guilt took over me, but now this was it. I have to return with Shane if I want peace for myself and ShadowLight.

That moment when I talked to him over the phone... his voice held nothing but hurt, regret, pain, and many other sentiments. He did deserve a chance not as my bully, but as for being my mate. Despite that Bran needs to know about Emily and if he already was void of it, he'll answer my questions. Hopefully, they aren't still cold hearted bitch manwhores.