Chapter 21

Evelyn's POV

Feeling of hurt and betrayal was arising through me taking control over my sentiments. I mean, I'm genuinely never the type of person to react such way like I did. Thinking over things I felt my eyelids getting heavier until my vision began to blur as sleep overtook my body due to the long drive back.

I was peacefully asleep after the longest time without any type of worries or time limits to be concerned of when I felt something tickling my neck. Not exactly tickling, but it felt cold and warm at a same time. Anticipation to move off my bed was growing into me as what my subconscious suggested. However, my wolf and instincts said otherwise. I felt my wolf purr with excitement as the cold air feeling slowly moved over to my jaw. In moment of seconds, I felt something brushing against my lips. More like soft lips... Before I could open my eyes those soft lips began to mould with mine. I automatically found myself responding back without a second thought as amazing sparks began to erupt through my body.

Before the mysterious-at-this-moment kiss could deepen I felt those lips pulled back from mine. I groaned with disappointment before I heard someone chuckle. Wait what?

That's when realization hit me as I snapped my eyes open, only to find Shane sitting at the edge of my bed still chuckling. My cheeks felt warm with embarrassment as I felt brush creeping it's way through my neck.

"I'm s-sorry, Evelyn" he said in middle of his loud chuckles. My wolf made me take in realization of his perfect features...Shane was perfect. He is the most goodlooking, sexy man I can ever imagine. No doubt every girl throws themselves at him... at sudden I felt jealous as a low growl escaped my throat at thought of our mate with someone else. What's up with my sudden mood swings?

Gathering all the courage I had in me I finally spoke up.

"What are you doing here Shane?" I asked him raising my eyebrow in process.

"Um.. well you see..." he trailed rubbing the back of his neck as I saw his cheeks turning slight shade of pink. Wait here, now this is Shane we are talking about THE big-bad-Alpha! was he nervous? Most importantly, was I making him nervous?

I gave him a pointed look to continue.

"Well you see I came here to tell you that... Oh god this will sound weird coming from me, but that... I just can't hold back seeing you here, Evelyn" he looked nothing but serious as he proceeded...

"I just want to say... I never rejected you cuz You were my mate, but I came up with that cuz YOU were my mate... I mean you are so different Evelyn... you are different from every other girl here... and I did that cuz well you deserve much more better than me... and I wanted to protect you from all the actually, cross that! I wanted to keep you away from my biggest mistake... Stacy. Me and Bran are trying to figure out about what she is... I mean she never gets affected by my alpha commands or anything which is not normal coming from a she wolf with no rank..."

"And about me coming here was to just tell you this, but I got lost in your mesmerizing beauty as cliche as it sounds" by the end of his tiny explanation everything made sense... him being all irritated and frustrated and raging out on me every time Stacy was around including his actions.

"Shane... I don't know what to say"

My wolf wanted me to forgive him taking his pleading face in thought, but I'm just confused now...

"Then don't say anything, but give me a chance, Evelyn. Baby, please... I swear I'll spend everyday of my life making it up to you. I'll treat like my princess, my Luna, which you are"

As his words processed through my mind, both, me and my wolf were feeling the adoration towards our mate. We felt overjoyed with anticipation. I was probably staring at him dreamlessly.

"Okay, I'll give you a chance then, Alpha" I said emphasizing the term 'alpha' teasingly with a slight smirk on my face.

Damn that sleep sure did some good some how!

I saw mischief flash through his gorgeous green eyes, before he bent his head as if bowing to me. I just set there astonished... never have I ever seen an Alpha bow with respect to others, but others bow at them and he is bowing his head at me with respect?

"Your Alpha, my Luna"

His words held true authority showing how genuine his words were. Never have I ever even dreamt of him bowing to me. I felt like I was on cloud nine, just so stunned at his action!

'Your Alpha, my Luna'...

His words kept replaying in my mind. I felt like I was on cloud nine, stunned with his action.

''He bowed to us. We mean so much to our mate" My wolf stated dreamingly. I couldn't even argue to that since it was too shocking for an Alpha to bow cuz they don't! But he bowed to me...

'Your Alpha, my Luna'.