Chapter 38

A/N: Yessss I knowwww I took forever!! I'm so sorry! I've been caught up in a few things! But here it is...Chapter 38!

Enjoy,

Al~

*Evelyn's POV*

My wolf was getting agitated and intolerant for going on a run. However, Shane seemed to be occupied with his Alpha business. I know I'm not supposed to be going alone, but I had nobody else to accompany me.

'Let's just go!' my wolf growled making me roll my eyes in response.

'Look, I know how impatient you are, but honestly? No way, I don't think it's a good idea to go on a run alone with everything that's going on!' She whimpered in response. I know, I was being harsh to keep her in, but I really had an odd feeling about this. Though, the more I thought upon it, the more I began to give in.

'Fine, let's go! We are the Luna after all' I linked her, smirk forming on my face as she howled in content filled with pride.

Without a second thought, I sprinted out of the pack house making my way towards the woods. Once I entered the woods, I noticed how the orange light illuminated through leaves due to rays of sunset. I went behind a tree to strip my cloths and tied them around my ankle shifting into my beautiful wolf. I really loved being in my wolf form. I felt the dry leaves crumple under my paws as I began to run towards the lake.

After spending some time by the lake, I noticed how it has already gotten quiet dark and I should be heading back before Shane starts looking for me. However, as soon as I turned around to head back... I sensed some movement behind the tree. Before I could make a run, three wolfs emerged blocking my access from every corner.

'I knew this was not a good idea' I thought. I was anxious along with my wolf as we realized they were rogues. Soon they shifted into their human form one after another.

"Oh look guys, what have we got here?" One of the guys stated, tauntingly. Nevertheless, I won't let them sense my fear. I'm a Luna for the sake of god. I growled warningly, but remained still on my spot. 

"You know Luna" he emphasized the term 'Luna' bitterly, "we were supposed to take you away, but you came to us making our job much easier, how considerate" he stated, laughing mockingly as the other two joined in.

'Shane! Rogues! Please help!' I mind-linked Shane, before, I surged forward releasing an angry growl to distract the three disgusting mutts. Their scent was making me sick. I kept my cold gaze as I stalked closer. I noticed the fear latched on to eyes of the one that spoke earlier. Catching him off guard, I pounced at him making him drop to the ground with a loud thud. I clawed his face with my sharp claw nails. A growl rumbled in his chest as he attempted to shift, but I lowered my head sinking my sharp canines deep into his throat. I felt the other two quickly shift into their wolf form, growling threateningly baring their sharp teeth at me.

I felt satisfied as the blood dripped surrounding the rogue's body. However, as soon as I edge forward once again, the other two pounced on me at once, but before they could come to my contact, another loud icy growl was heard. It caused chills to crawl over my spine. I felt my blood running cold as I stare into its red eyes. The wolf was size of an Alpha. It soon shifted back into its human form, but what caught me by surprise was how the two mutts stood still not making any threatening move to harm me.

"Leave." He growled. The wolf's still stood there, but you can tell this man's presence made their wolf anxious with fear.

"NOW! AND DO NOT RETURN!" He growled louder. They both sprinted away, not before quickly bowing.

As they left, the man turned to me. His face held no emotion, but blank stare. I went behind the tree shifting back quickly putting on my cloths before going back to him. I couldn't help, but notice his sharp features. Something about this man felt different. His features looked very similar, reminding me of Shane - more like his father, but I couldn't ponder upon it as he spoke intruding my trail of thoughts.

"You shouldn't be wandering out like this alone in woods, Luna" he spat, bitterly. Though, not enough to scare me.

"Clearly, you are too a rogue. Who are you?" I questioned, showing no fear.

"That doesn't concern you" He said gritting his teeth in process.

"Indeed it does! You remind me of my mate! Not in that way, but you both share similar features and if you are oh-so-cold as you show to be...why did you save me?" I argued back, taking a step closer. 

"Look, don't make me do something I'll regret later. Leave, now." He responded, turning his back to me.

"No! I will not move from here without knowing your purpose to step into my territory and let you save my life and then be an asshole!" To say I was fuming with anger would be an understatement.

When he turned around, amusement flashed in his eyes as I see a smirk form.

"A stubborn one you are eh?" He questioned, slightly tilting his head in process.

I fold my arms on my chest, huffing. "Yes, now, what are you here for?"

"I shouldn't even bother," he shook his head. I noticed how rage flashed his eyes, but was soon replaced with hurt? "If you want to know, you need to come with me-"

"I don't think so!" This voice got my wolf excited. It sent sparks shoot through my body. Shane, my mate. However, when I look into his eyes they flashed hurt and anger. I felt my wolf whimper and crawl back in my mind. Yeah right, now she worries after making me cause this cause of her stubbornness.

"Shane-"

"Don't. Just...don't" It broke my heart to see him hurt.

"And you" he looked at the mystery man before choking him. "Why are you here, now?" 

"Shane! No, don't! This mystery man saved me baby!" I ran to him placing my hands on his back as I peppered a few kisses on his neck trying to calm his wolf. I felt him stiffen under my touch, but soon relaxed letting the guy go.

"Mystery man?" They both said with amusement making me blush with embarrassment.

"I..." I trailed as I felt Shane wrap his arm around my waist protectively bringing me closer to himself.

Shane's grip tightened around my waist as he spat the next words making the guy look away, breaking the eye contact. "This isn't any mystery man. This is the one that wants to take you away from me! He is no other than my so called brother, Conrad."  He emphasized every idiom with hatred and disappointment as he said it.

No way.