Chapter 7

Evelyn's POV

After little of introduction, four of the guys walked me to the pack house showing me around. I was told one of them was Xander's third in command, Jace. As we arrived the pack house, the sight in front of me got me astonished. The pack house was absolutely beautiful with little kids playing around one chasing another it was extremely adorable.

As soon as we entered the house I felt someone holding onto my leg. A small smile crept it's way onto my face as I looked down at a little girl staring back at me with her big crystal blue eyes.

I got down on my knees getting to her level. She was way too adorable.

"Heyy.." I exclaimed softly taking her little hand in mine.

"Hwaii!" she responded with so much enthusiasm that made her sound even more cute. I love little kids they are just too cute and loving.

"My names Evelyn... what about you?" I questioned the little one, smiling. She slightly raised her eyebrows before taking a step closer to my side, grinning wide.

"Eweulyne... I'm Pwaise!" she responded smiling cheekily.

"Aww Paise is such a beautiful name just like you little princess!" I said truthfully pulling her into a hug. However, our little moment was soon intruded.

"Paise, howcome you didn't finish your lunch?" Cole asked though he looked too concerned.

"But cowleee, I don't like hwashbrouwns..." Paise answered whining by stomping her little foot in process.

I looked at them and noticed that they did share identical features like blue eyes, dirty blond hair and same sort of other facial features. This made me happy in a way to see Cole taking care of Paise, but then it reminded me of my childhood days when me and Bran actually used to be close.

"Evelyn you okay?" Cole asked looking utterly confused yet, concerned.

"Y-yeah I just um was talking to the little princess here who has yet to finish her lunch right?" I said shifting my gaze to Paise still smiling at her.

I heard Cole chuckle in response, "yeah she does and oh yeah that's my sister, Paise" he informed.

"We have already met big brother" Paise spoke up looking up at Cole.

He simply picked her up in his arms, oh so lovingly before planting a quick kiss on her cheek. This is too cute...I wish Bran was still like that...but I wasn't jealous. Cole was just too adorable of a brother to Paise.

I felt my wolf whimper with disappointment as that thought crossed my mind, but she needs to atleast try to get over Shane. He hasn't done anything, but hurt us.

After spending some more time with Cole and Paise they guided me to my room. However, I felt this weird connection towards Cole, but I just didn't know what meaning it held. Maybe I was just imagining things cuz that just doesn't make any sense.

As much as it hurts to admit Shane was my mate, who rejected me directly on spot, but I still grew feelings towards him due to the cause of the mate bond that we shared. Leaving my thoughts aside as I felt my eyelids getting heavier and my vision began to blur. Soon in the time of seconds, I was drifted to peaceful sleep.

All I knew was this is the new life, the new beginning.