Chapter 46 -Farewell-

"Remembering. Forgetting. I'm not sure which is worse..." - Kelley Armstrong

"She took a step and didn't want to take any more, but she did." - Markus Zusak

"Ba ba ba," is what I woke up to.  I yawned and turned around with a smile. I was faced by a toothless grin of Haven, who lay on his stomach next to me on Carlisle's side of the bed.

"Hi," I cooed and took him into my arms.

"Good morning," Carlisle greeted me and leaned down for a kiss. He just came out of the bathroom attached to our room with only a towel.

"Good morning," I smiled.

"How have you slept?" he asked as he settled down next to me.

"Well I think. I woke up every time our little guy cried and I had to think about today too much to get enough sleep," I sighed. Haven whined and patted my arm frantically. I chuckled and helped him to feed. He started feeding at once and stopped crying. We both watched him with relief. Haven hadn't slept well at all last night. The first time I had woken up last night was around midnight to Haven's cries and coughs. I'd gotten up alarmed, but Carlisle had already cradled him in his arms to soothe him. He had looked at me worriedly as he rocked him slightly in his arms. I had hurried downstairs to get a bottle of water for Haven and after he had drunk a bit, the coughs stopped. The worries for our son apparently not... We both thought it was just a cold, but we still worried. So I was so relieved to see him smiling and eating in my arms.

"Has Carlie woken up last night?" I asked Carlisle as he lay his arms around my shoulder and his head on mine.

"No, she slept through or rather is still sleeping. At least she can sleep well," he chuckled.

"She needs the rest right now," I whispered sadly.

"I'd love to sleep, too. Just forget it all," he sighed.

"Only if you can't dream... My worries are also in my dreams," I mumbled. He stroked my back and sighed as well. "But let's look forward to today," I smiled.

"To what? Shopping with Charlie and Sue?" Carlisle chuckled.

"Yes, it will be fun. Always see the positive in everything," I winked.

"I'll try," he grinned and got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously. He raised his eyebrows and looked down on himself.

"Unless you want to me to go and meet the two in a towel, I need to get dressed," he laughed.

"Good point," I laughed and motioned for him to go on. He chuckled as he disappeared into the closet...

After Haven had fed, I changed him into fresh clothes here in our bedroom and paced around the room while I waited for Carlisle to get Carlie. He slept in my arms and had snuggled up against my chest. I sighed and kissed his tuft of dark blond hair. "I love you, sweetheart. So much... Please never forget that Mommy and Daddy love you... But I promise that you won't miss us," I sighed. "You know, Charlie and Sue will be wonderful to you and your sister. Charlie is really fun and you can always play with him and Sue loves to tell stories and can sing beautifully. You will like them," I whispered and I already felt the tears coming now that I had to face the fact that today was the last day with our children...

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. A single tear fell down on Haven's cheek and I wiped it away with a kiss. "I heard that Charlie and Sue have renovated your sister Bella's room for you and Carlie and your bed will be an heirloom. Bella has already slept in it as a baby," Carlisle whispered all of a sudden. "It's impossible that he will forget us," Carlisle added after a moment. I sighed and relaxed against him.