Chapter 30 -Happy New Year!!!-

New Year's Eve!

"I don't want to," I mumbled and pulled the blanket back over myself. "Esme," Carlisle said authoritative, but he couldn't hide the amusement. "I'm tired," I argued half coherently. "It's 10 in the morning," he argued back. "And Haven is sleeping," I grumbled. "And what about Carlie and Alice and Rosalie and Bella and..." he counted them. "Okay, okay," I grumbled and pushed the covers away. "And now?" I pouted and crossed my arms as I sat on the bed in my pajamas. "We are going somewhere," he smiled. I was surprised by that answer and didn't know what to say for a moment. "Already speechless?" he laughed. "No," I defended myself and looked away from him. "Don't be angry," he whispered and stroked my thigh. "I am not angry, I am tired," I told him, but turned my head to him. He smiled in response and took me into his arms.

I sighed and leaned against him. He rocked me softly and I nearly fell asleep again when Carlisle tickled my side. "Hey," I mumbled. "You weren't kidding when you said you were tired, huh?" he asked sincerely. I shook my head and yawned. "I'm sorry that I have woken you then. I just thought we could take some time for us before the whole chaos," he told me and stroked my cheek. I forgot all fatigue when he mentioned "time for us" and looked interestedly at him. "What do you want to do?" I asked curiously. "I won't tell you, but I think you'll like it," he smiled. I shifted and got up from his lap. "You can still sleep, I'm totally fine with that and I can understand that," he told me fast, interpreting my reaction falsely. "No, I want to go. I wanted to take a shower and then get dressed," I laughed. "Oh," he laughed. I walked to the door but two strong hands pressed me back. I was pressed against Carlisle's chest and laid his head onto my shoulder. "I love you," he whispered and kissed my cheek. "I love you, too. So much that I am getting out of bed for you," I winked and laughed. "Thank you for the honor," he laughed.

I walked back into the bedroom in a towel and walked right into the closet. Carlisle was in there and was also getting dressed. I looked for a nice dress to wear, but Carlisle stopped me and instead gave me a warm and sturdy outfit. "You'll need it," he winked and I smirked as I got dressed in jeans and a warm pullover. When we walked back, I walked to the cradle and Haven was still sleeping in it. "What if he wakes up?" I asked. "Rosalie and Alice promised to look after him and Carlie," he soothed me and I kissed Haven's tiny hand before Carlisle nearly pushed me out of the room. Alice was waiting for us in just sweat pants and a top. "I'm getting ready after you are back. Fashionable outfits aren't really suited for babysitting," she explained and winked. "Thank you for looking after them," I smiled and hugged her. "You have fun and relax a bit. When you come back, I want a totally happy and relaxed Esme," she smiled. "I'll give my best," Carlisle answered for me and Alice handed me my boots, hat, scarf, gloves and jacket. "So we won't drive with the car?" I concluded. "No, we are travelling the faster way," he winked. I sighed dramatically at the mentioning of vampire travelling. "You'll love it, trust me," he smiled and held his arms open. "I hope it's worth it," I joked. "Oh, Esme," he laughed and winked. Before I could walk over to him, Carlisle had swept me up into his arms and ran out of the house. I closed my eyes and held him firmly around the neck as I buried my face in his shoulder.

"We are there," he whispered and slowly set me down. I was still holding onto Carlisle's shoulder as I took it all in. We were standing in a quite big round clearing. The fir trees surrounding it were still covered in snow that glistened as the sun shone it them. Everything was white, a white wonderland... I walked a bit further into the clearing as I let go of Carlisle and saw that right in the middle of the clearing was a pond covered with a thick coat of ice. It, too, glittered in the sun. I turned around to Carlisle and he held up two pairs of ice skates, one black and the other white. My eyes grew bigger and I smiled broadly as I rushed to his side. "Ice skating," I said in wonder and Carlisle gave me the white pair of ice skates. "Exactly," he smiled. I slid into my pair and hobbled over to the pond pulling Carlisle with me. I let go of Carlisle's hand as soon as my ice skates met the ice and I drove one round and then met Carlisle again. "It's great," I said enthusiastically and pulled on Carlisle's hand. "I'm coming, I'm coming," he laughed and elegantly skated next to me. I smiled up at him and thanked him a thousand times for this surprise.