Chapter 7 -Farewell, Isle Esme!/Tights?!-

"She's so happy here,” I whispered as I watched my daughter playing at the water’s edge, giggling each time the wave washed over her feet. “She’s always happy,” Carlisle chuckled behind me and laid his hand on my shoulder, massaging it lightly.

“That might change soon,” I laughed and looked back at him. “Why?” he asked confused. I gave him a duh look. “Because we are leaving this evening,” I told him. “Oh, right,” he laughed at himself for missing the obvious. “We have everything, right? The suitcases and Carlie’s stuff for the journey?” I asked him. Carlisle nodded. “Okay,” I sighed. “I called Gustavo and he will check up tomorrow morning.” I nodded and leaned against him. Carlie looked up right then and when she spotted us standing right at the row of palm trees at our cottage, she waved and smiled. We waved back and laughed at her mature gesture. “Who’s gonna tell her?” Carlisle wondered. “Always the one asking,” I giggled and nudged his chest. His expression was priceless. “Why me? I don’t want to be the bad guy,” he whined. “Oh, so I should be the villain?” I asked with my eyebrow raised. “I didn’t say that,” Carlisle mumbled. “Okay, you chicken, I will tell her,” I laughed and walked forwards. I looked back over my shoulder at my beautiful husband. He was standing there dumbfounded. I laughed and his expression loosened up so that a smile appeared.

I really didn’t want to leave this place either. The sun, the calmness, the beach, the carefree time with our daughter and Carlisle, all for myself… I sighed as I steeled myself for the reaction of my daughter. She happily cupped water in her hands and let it splash around her. She was wearing a swimsuit so that she could play as much as she wanted with the water, her hair was already caramel colored from the water. “Hi, sweetie,” I greeted her and sat on my knees in front of her. “Look,” she babbled and took a handful of water and let it splash over her. I smiled and stroked her wet hair. “That’s nice,” I told her and cupped her cheek. Carlie smiled brilliantly at me, but noticed my seriousness and stopped. She looked at me questioningly. I took her into my arms and stood up. She stretched away from me to get a better look of my face. “We have to go in a little while, sweetheart,” she nodded and started playing with the ruffles of her swimsuit. She probably thought going back into the house. “We will go home today,” I clarified it. She looked up shocked and I could see the water works starting, her face already distorted. A second later she started to cry and wail. I held her close again to soothe her. “Shh, it’s not the last time we are here, Carlie. We will go here many many more times,” I whispered and rubbed my nose against her temple. She looked up at me with tearful eyes. “It’s okay, I can understand that you are sad,” I told her and rubbed her back.

“But you know what?” I heard Carlisle’s voice behind me suddenly. I looked back and sure enough he stood right behind me, looking at Carlie. She stretched up a bit and shook her head. “We will see your sisters and brothers again: Alice, Rose, Edward, Bella, Jas, Em and Nessie, too,” Carlisle listed the names. She looked at him with big eyes, her tears had stopped. Carlie reached toward him and touched his cheek. “Really, sweetie, they will even pick us up at the airport,” Carlisle promised. Carlie relaxed back into my arms and cuddled against my shoulder. I kissed her hair and walked back to the cottage. We will have to leave soon if we want to get the plane. “Thanks,” I whispered to Carlisle and squeezed his hand. “That was quite good for a chicken, huh?” he retaliated with a grin. I was surprised by his cheeky comment and had to laugh. “Definitely, my husband,” I laughed and patted his shoulder. He straightened up and feigned being proud because of my comment. “Ha ha,” I said seriously, but couldn’t help laughing at his show.

As soon as we were in the house, Carlisle took Carlie with him for a quick bath whereas I walked into the other bathroom myself to get a shower before we are solid 18 hours in a plane or rather two planes. “She’s ready and playing on the veranda right now,” Carlisle informed me as I walked into the bedroom in only my towel. I rubbed my hair dry as I nodded. He lay casually on the bed and watched me. “Seeing something interesting?” I joked with him. “Always,” he said seriously. I giggled. I walked over to the vanity and grabbed my brush. As I brushed through my hair, I could see the sun slowly setting and coloring the world around us into warm colors. I sighed. “Allow me,” Carlisle whispered as he again was standing suddenly behind me. “Stop that,” I laugh and nudged his shoulder; I gave him the brush though. “What should I stop?” he asked surprised. “Sneaking up on me,” I answered simply. “I’m sorry,” he chuckled. Carlisle then took my hair back and brushed gently through the knots. Meanwhile I watched the beach through the wall of glass. “I will miss it,” I mumbled as Carlisle’s fingers worked their magic on my scalp. “I know, me, too,” he sighed and kissed my neck. “But we have forever to visit this place as often as we want,” he told me. Forever… “Right,” I sighed and loved the concept.