Chapter 3 -First Day on Isle Esme-

The next morning I woke up cuddled to Carlisle's cold chest. I found myself nearly wrapping around him... I had never noticed how hot it gets here even at night! Carlisle knew that I was awake and stroked my side. I tried to unwrap myself, but Carlisle's arms held me secured to him. I looked up and looked right into his butterscotch eyes. "Sorry," I whispered, but had to smile. 

"What for?" he asked, his curiosity piqued. 

"For this," I laughed and motioned to us. He still looked confused. "I all but lay on top of you," I said. 

"As if you would have to apologize for that," he said with surprise. 

"But then you had to lay here the entire night," I still pressed. 

"There is not a place I would rather be than with you next to me," he said smoothly. 

"For such sentences I love you even more," I laughed and sat up on my elbow. 

"You have no idea," he grinned and kissed me.

"Do you want breakfast, my love?" Carlisle asked. I nodded and a smile formed on his lips. "Then I will work on it," he winked and got up in his pajamas to walk into the kitchen. I fell back into the cushions and sighed contently. One hand was on my protruding stomach and the other touched my lips where I still felt the tingling from the kiss and I smiled. I turned to the side and watched the palm trees moving in the light breeze and the steady rhythm of the waves.

"I love this place," I said to myself and got up. I walked into the bathroom to get a nice refreshing shower. The night was too hot and I was still sweating. I definitely felt better afterwards. In a towel I walked back into the bedroom and to our suit cases. I rummaged through the things and found shorts, a flowing top and a bikini. I suspected we will spend the day at the beach, so that outfit should be alright.

"I made you pancakes with blueberries and here is a fruit salad," Carlisle put the things on the table as I entered. 

"Thank you, it smells delicious," I complimented and sat down. 

"Your cook books are of huge help. I never know if it is alright," he said somewhat shyly. 

"Carlisle, this is delicious, you don't have to apologize," I laughed and ate. A satisfied smile spread on his face and he sat next to me, watching me eating. There wasn't one sound to be heard. It was strangely relaxing to not have any bickering or booming sounds in the house.

Carlisle took my free hand and stroked soothing circles on it. "Are you fine?" he asked. I looked up at him. 

"Of course, why shouldn't I be?" I asked. 

"I don't know. It seemed as if you were hurting tonight," he said. I was confused by that. 

"What do you mean?" I didn't remember anything, I was so fast sleeping that I didn't even remember my dreams. 

"You were having nightmares, I think. At first I thought you would be awake and something hurt, but then as I tried to talk to you, there wasn't a response. Then you started to cry all of a sudden and you were pushing your arms forward as if to push someone away. I tried to wake you up, but you were fast asleep and it stopped a few minutes later." I thought about that.

I really didn't know why. "Carlisle, I'm fine. I really don't know. I can't remember a thing," I told him and reassured him with a squeeze of his hand and a soft kiss. He sighed and smiled at me. 

"You know I am always worrying," he said. 

"I know, but they are just dreams, they cannot hurt me," I reassured him. He squeezed my hand back and held it in his.